Asda online problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
This is my 3rd week of online shopping from asda and i will never order from them again.

First 2 orders great delivered in time some items not available or replaced with similar items but thought Asda online was great.

Today changed all that? ordered a weeks shopping to be delivered between 2 and 4pm today at 3.55 got a text saying there was a delay and items would be delivered next time there driver was in my area?

Driver turned up at 7.05pm but only delivered half of what i ordered?

Phoned help centre and tbh could not under stand a lot of that was said, but think i was told Asda could not deliver missing items ( £70 worth) and had to update my account? looking very like i will have to go to a tesco 24 shop tonight and hope for a partial refund from asda but dont know how asda will work out how much was not delivered when there phone operator could not under stand english very well and i could not under stand what they where saying?

Thats me finished with asda. Rant over and getting ready to go to the 24 tesco hour shop about 10 miles away.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
We sometimes online shop if the situation calls for it. ASDA seem the worst for us also. We are usually not those that complain about substitutions as we accept this is the nature of the service, but when they replace Cat Food for Bird Seed, Ginger for Garlic and Hand Soap for Washing Up Liquid we have fast concluded that ASDA's picking algorithm is cack... We use Morrison's or Tesco's now in off chance we do order a delivery...

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
We have tried most of them and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. We use Tesco most often. One overall comment: the pandemic has greatly improved the service from all of them. Pre-pandemic they were getting picky — delivery restrictions on types of property served, reduced offers online — post pandemic some difficulty getting delivery slots but the offer and the service is improved. Worth giving Asda another try in 6 months or so.

keithmac

Guru
Go on the Asda WhatsApp account, may take a day but you will get a proper outcome.

I used the phone line and couldn't understand a word they were saying (outsourced customer service wit NO customer service..).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We sometimes online shop if the situation calls for it. ASDA seem the worst for us also. We are usually not those that complain about substitutions as we accept this is the nature of the service, but when they replace Cat Food for Bird Seed, Ginger for Garlic and Hand Soap for Washing Up Liquid we have fast concluded that ASDA's picking algorithm is cack... We use Morrison's or Tesco's now in off chance we do order a delivery...
I dunno, you could put some bird seed out and tell the Cat it's 'self service' today. :whistle:

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Many thanks for the help. Quick update, after wasting lots of time online etc actually managed to talk to some one on Asda help line this morning.

Read out the list of missing items and have been told i will get a refund for missing items in 3 to 5 days.

Only my view but perhaps a fault caused by the driver in my area ut know i will never do an online shop with Asda again, would ask anyone that does shop with them to check that all there items have been delivered only reason i noticed was because there was so much missing.

Might shop in an asda store again but there online delivery is a no no for me.

Thanks again to all for putting up with my rant but i dit find it quite upsetting, best wishes to all and safe cycling.

DRM

Guru
Any chance the van could have broken down? they've then stuffed your order up in getting it out to you

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Any chance the van could have broken down? they've then stuffed your order up in getting it out to you
Really dont know what happened but seems very strange that almost half of my shopping went missing? If it had only been one or 2 items or just a late delivery tbh it would not have worried me but the amount thats missing makes me wonder if who ever is in charge would even believe me?

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Another update, Email from Asda
Order Number:
Delivery Date:
17th February 2022, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Refund Rejected
Hi Philip,

We’re sorry to hear you were not happy with everything you received. However, we could not approve your refund.

Order Number:
Delivery Date:
Refund Rejected

So i am now contacting my credit card supplier to try and put a claim in through them but know i will never shop online with Asda again they have just stolen £70 of my money.

Motto is if you do buy from Asda online check every thing has been delivered or tell the driver to take it all away. Not a great recommendation for asda and in my view best avoided.

Last edited:
A 'partial' delivery is usually the driver not having all the crates onboard, happens occasionally if the driver is picking up a ready loaded van, so they can only deliver what is actually on the van.
The refund refusal might be referring to a full refund which would be the case if a partial refund has already taken place.
We use Sainsbury's and most substitution items are generally from a better branded range and are supplied at original price. The substitutions from the (young kids?) pickers can be funny, we've recently had lettuce for salad cress, same colour -ish.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We've tried several, Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons. The best service was from Waitrose, specially reserved slots at the height of the pandemic for the extremely clinically vulnerable meant that we had no difficulties. The general demeanour of the delivery drivers and the quality of the fresh foods were really exemplary.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Quick update on Asda and missing items/bank etc.

Contacted my bank and asked about claim told they would send a form but as my purchase was multi items and not one item that was missing was over £100 all i could do was fill in form and hope for the best ? Bit disappointed with this?Still waiting on form.

Then for some reason unknown to me had another Email from Asda a few minutes ago telling me they where processing a refund of £53.89?
Dont understand why they are now giving a refund after sending me an Email refusing a refund and if giving a refund why not giving a refund for the full amount for all the missing items?

Know i am quite pleased at least have most of my stolen money back but will never use Asda online again as could never trust them.

Order number:
Delivery Date:
Hello Philip,

We're sorry to hear about the problem with your groceries order and we have processed a refund for £53.89.

Please note that refunds can take 3-5 days to appear in your account.

Thanks,
Asda

byegad

Legendary Member
We've been using Tescos, ASDA and Ocado* since January 2020, when Lady Byegad came home following her operation and rehab following her Brain Abscess.
Frankly they've all been OK with occasional substitutions and the odd late or early delivery.

Some of the substitutions have been bizarre, but we merely return them at the door, and get a refund.
Given the conditions they're working in what with Covid precautions and the vast increase in demand, we feel they have been marvelous.

We know now that, in our situation, regular weekly deliveries will be with us indefinitely. What we have learned is to run at a much higher stock level of 'essentials' in the house. So we have gradually bought a little bit more toilet paper, toothpaste, cleaning materials, dried food like rice and pasta and tinned food each week. So much so that over the last two years we gradually got to the point where we are not worried by no toilet paper coming in a delivery or no washing up liquid being sent. We regularly take advantage of buy two, get a third free type of offers.

*Ocado are the best, so much so that we now prepay for delivery 6 months at a time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom