Ashes to Ashes on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I've watched worse. And it keeps Mrs KH happy. The music makes it better than it is at times.

Chris James

Über Member
It is really of my era (born 1971), has Keeley Hawes in it (who I fancy lots) and has basically the same plot and cast as Life on Mars (which I liked a lot).

Yet it was crap.

Disappointing really. My wife wants the soundtrack CD which will probably be the best bit of it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
ChrisKH said:
I've watched worse. And it keeps Mrs KH happy. The music makes it better than it is at times.

Exactly the same for Mrs richp. She likes a bit of tosh to wind down and I watch it with one eye over the top of the paper, listening to the soundtrack.

papercorn2000

Yeah, bit of a parody of the original series but I felt that it did flesh Gene Hunt out a bit more.
It was strange that the series was set 8 years later yet none of the characters had apparently aged...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I quite liked it, but it wasn't as good as Life on Mars...
I missed a crucial 2 minutes towards the end (thanks daughter's guitar teacher :wacko:) ... haven't got time to watch it on iPlayer at the mo, anyone care to PM me the main details?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Gene ended up being the bomber but Drakey was already impregnated with his sperm from a fling in the back of his car just as the bomb exploded.

Arch

Married to Night Train
yeah, it hasn't held my attention - well not enough to compete with Mitchell and Webb on 2, so I've only been seeing the last half of the last 6 episodes.

Somehow the period detail wasn't quite as amusing as the 70's. Perhaps too close to be nostalgia, and not quite different enough....

Mind you, I think Life on Mars, although great from the start, got better in series two, so maybe Ashes to Ashes will settle down a bit?

Danny

Legendary Member
I actually enjoyed the series even though I wasn't expecting to. They mostly played it for laughs which was probably the right way to go.

However I thought last night's episode was a big disappointment.

domtyler

Über Member
I'm still enjoying it on Sky+, got a few episodes to catch up.

Yeah, not as good as LOM but still well worth watching in my view.

SheilaH

It was different to Life on Mars, and enjoyable if you were able to resist the temptation to compare the two. Was taken out for dinner last night and so missed the final episode...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Once we got past the annoying 'good morning, imaginary constructs' nonsense in the first 2 epsiodes, I really enjoyed the series. Left me laughing like a drain many times - simple, entertaining fun.

mondobongo

Über Member
Pretty dire stuff gave up halfway through episode 2 I think, am pretty surprised the BBC have commissioned another series of it.

Top Bottom