Ashes to Ashes on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Unlike my school reports (a long time ago) it tried too hard

Went for obligatory cliché every tenth sentence, "well it's like the difference between a tart and a Vickers (add your own ending), but when good, very good,

By trying to add to much comedy, it actually watered it’s comedic content down, the strength of LOM was the other side of the story.

Just never Life on Mars...RIP.

Renard

If you were looking for another Life on Mars you were going to be disappointed. On its own the series was worth the watch.

I thought the dialogue of the characters from the first series was funny. Gene Hunt was more of the same and very good (the exchange between him and Lord Scarman was pure class). Ray and Chris's characters were more dimensional and more likeable for it.

I am glad the clocks go forward next week as I will miss having something worth watching on a Thursday night.

girofan

My wife didn't get the joke about the pudenda! :wacko:
Philip Gleneister should be given his own series as an unreconstructed cop in the early seventies. His portrayal of a 'Sweeney' cop although a paraody is spot on. Drop the women.:cry:

Mortiroloboy

girofan said:
My wife didn't get the joke about the pudenda! :biggrin:
Philip Gleneister should be given his own series as an unreconstructed cop in the early seventies. His portrayal of a 'Sweeney' cop although a paraody is spot on. Drop the women.:wacko:

Biology not her strong point then ? :cry:

Slightly OT - but I came across an old Dempsey and Makepeace on the box today!

Anyone remember Glynis Barber as a female detective.

dempsey-and-makepeace-wallpaper-ico.jpg

You could probably apply most of the criticisms to that as well. Perhaps we simply don't remember the programmes this series is drawing upon?

Plax

Guru
I think Gene Hunt should get shot and wake up in 2008. Now that would be class. He'd probably be suspended for sexual discrimination or something straight away!

Top Bottom