Ask me any question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Why do Harley-Davidson insist on building such a noisy, rough-running, inefficient engine when the technology exists to make a much quieter, smooth running, efficient engine?
In the 80s they actually commisioned Porsche to design them a new engine, then shelved the design (a V4 I seem to remember) cos it was too quiet.
EDIT - It was a V twin and made it into a few bikes, 60 degree though (instead of 45) good old Wiki.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...tpTOkUh-TEfyj6zQ2wVPGjA&bvm=bv.95515949,d.ZGU

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3741549, member: 9609"]because they sound good.. irresistible to those who love the sound of exhaust gases being expelled.[/QUOTE]

They do? Some twat sits revving one outside my office window most mornings and it doesn't sound good, it's annoying. A Ferrari on the other hand would sound nice.

classic33

Leg End Member
I just love your username.
Why?

stephec

Legendary Member
I think classic33's been at the gin again...

According to the Table of Moveable Feasts and Holydays of Obligation issued by the Bishop's Conference of England and Wales, in 2016 Christmas will be celebrated on Sunday 25 December. Just as Christmas in 2011 was celebrated on Sunday 25 December...

OK - so that's only the Roman Catholic Church. But the same applies for the Anglican Communion as well.

We have yet to see where @classic33 gets his piece of wisdom from...
That all depends if you believe in fairy tales, Christmas is when Marks and Spencers say it is.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Just watching PM's question time. Why are most MP's wearing an ear of wheat in their top pockets or on their dresses? Is it national wheat day or summat?🤔

I believe it's some sort of expression of support for British farming, although it would appear to only be for arable farmers, they really need to sport something for livestock farmers too in these inclusive times.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I believe it's some sort of expression of support for British farming, although it would appear to only be for arable farmers, they really need to sport something for livestock farmers too in these inclusive times.
I saw Kier Starmer wearing what i thought was a gold pocket square,then realised it was wheat. I'm trying to think of a suitable item they could use to show support for livestock farming.🤔

Top Bottom