Asshat parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I couldn't be bothered to get nearer and take a better pic and used digital zoom instead, but the little grey box has been parked in the cycle track part of a width restriction. Also, if a car were to drive right up to where they're supposed to stop for oncoming vehicles the white BMW would probably be blocking their way. BTTT - asshats.

IMG_20180817_154047.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
We get them putting the whole car on the footpath where there double yellows.

Obviously safe ...numpty knobbers

Gary E

Veteran
There's a cycle lane that runs though the town near me (by cycle lane I mean that the normal road has had a white line painted on it about 18" from the kerb and a few extra signs have been put up).

I've never once managed to ride the full length of said cycle lane as it's constantly in use by bl**dy parked cars :cursing:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There's a cycle lane that runs though the town near me (by cycle lane I mean that the normal road has had a white line painted on it about 18" from the kerb and a few extra signs have been put up).

I've never once managed to ride the full length of said cycle lane as it's constantly in use by bl**dy parked cars :cursing:

The one from heading from Dowlais into Merthyr Tydiff is exactly the same. Stupid to put it at the front of all the shops though

Gary E

Veteran
Cycle lane = parking space :sad:
Sad but true

U

User6179

but the little grey box has been parked in the cycle track part of a width restriction.

But is that classed as a cycle track, they have a few near me like that but they are just to allow the rainwater to run along the gutter of the road.

Brandane

Legendary Member
They keep TALKING about making pavement parking illegal. Actions speak louder than words; so when are they going to stop pishing about and actually make it a clear offence to park (even partially) on the pavement? Everywhere, and for everybody. No exceptions! The pavements are for pedestrians and - where permitted - cyclists.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
But is that classed as a cycle track, they have a few near me like that but they are just to allow the rainwater to run along the gutter of the road.

Most of the WRs around here have a gap and there's a little bicycle painted in it. If I ever spot this one without a car parked in it I'll go take a look!

pawl

Legendary Member

Par for the course.

Top Bottom