Asshat parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
Pretty sure this is illegal, too.

IMG_20180812_165256.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
I had a go at a cyclist last year who dumped his bike on the floor across the doorway of our local shop, it is not just motorists who are selfish.

gbb

Legendary Member
They keep TALKING about making pavement parking illegal. Actions speak louder than words; so when are they going to stop pishing about and actually make it a clear offence to park (even partially) on the pavement? Everywhere, and for everybody. No exceptions! The pavements are for pedestrians and - where permitted - cyclists.
Same here in Pboro, been mooted for two years but when I read the details....its only if the offending car is causing restriction to emergency vehicles or similar. As usual, decent Joe public can go and do one.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If it's a signed cycle lane with a solid line or a path signed for cycling, parking is an offence even without double yellows or kerb markings. Call your local council's parking enforcement office. And curse Eric Pickles for stopping them using CCTV against such parking offences.

And this is posted in online groups as PLAT (Parking Like A ...)

Drago

Legendary Member
All those houses, no driveway. Should be like Tokyo, where if you can't prove you have someone to park a car you can't get a permit to buy one other than a kei car. I hate all politicians with equal virtual, but it was Blair's bright idea to limit the amount of off road parking for each new property - he seemed to think peiplemwould go "golly gosh, I don't have a driveway so so better cycle or get the bus to work." He clearly had a deep misunderstanding of his fellow humans.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
All those houses, no driveway.

See post 12.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Minor thread diversion, but a colleague mentioned something the other day I hadn't previously considered, having always been in the fortunate position of owing houses with drives.
She drives a Nissan Leaf and is looking to move out from her parents' house to buy her own house. But, charging at a potential home presents problems with trailing wires/cable, unless there is off street parking.

Drago

Legendary Member
Answer to that is don't litter the street with your car, get somewhere with off road parking. Shoild be like Japan, where you can't get a permit to even buy a car until you can prove you have somewhere off road to keeping, yadda, repeat, whittle.

Every premises I've ever owned or rented, I've thought to myself before commtting to it, "now, where will I park my car/motorbike/multiple bicycles/8 wheeled amphibious battlefield transport unit?"

classic33

Leg End Member
Answer to that is don't litter the street with your car, get somewhere with off road parking. Shoild be like Japan, where you can't get a permit to even buy a car until you can prove you have somewhere off road to keeping, yadda, repeat, whittle.

Every premises I've ever owned or rented, I've thought to myself before commtting to it, "now, where will I park my car/motorbike/multiple bicycles/8 wheeled amphibious battlefield transport unit?"
That last one, where you want to.

Sharky

Guru
Retired now, so no longer commuting to work. My route used to take me through the pleasant little village of Offham and at the entrance to the village, they used to have a traffic calming section, with a cycle through path to the left …

Offham Before.png

But somebody decided that this should be turned into this …..

Offham After.jpg

So cyclist now have to venture into the centre of the road to get through.

Top Bottom