Asshat parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Minor thread diversion, but a colleague mentioned something the other day I hadn't previously considered, having always been in the fortunate position of owing houses with drives.
She drives a Nissan Leaf and is looking to move out from her parents' house to buy her own house. But, charging at a potential home presents problems with trailing wires/cable, unless there is off street parking.

Lots of people complaining about pavements being restricted by EV charging points on my Twitter feed. I’ve not seen anywhere near me, suspect it’s a London thing at present, but will no doubt spread. I think I agree with the complainers.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...nts-electric-car-points-pavements-pedestrians

Drago

Legendary Member
Unfortunately, the car rules. Once the oil is gone, or is too expensive to merely burn, the car won t any more, and I pray for the day.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Lots of people complaining about pavements being restricted by EV charging points on my Twitter feed. I’ve not seen anywhere near me, suspect it’s a London thing at present, but will no doubt spread. I think I agree with the complainers.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...nts-electric-car-points-pavements-pedestrians
Well, based upon what I can from that first picture, whoever installed that particular charging point should have their arse kicked. There looks to be barely any room for pushchairs or wheelchairs to pass. And having the cable taking over a section of the footpath also makes it difficult for those with more than one child in tow, to pass.

Sharky

Guru
Personally, I think that's better, a bit more predictable. Besides I've always found those cut throughs to be littered with junk.
There's many such cut throughs that I would agree you with. But this particular one, sometimes you could hear the roar of cars coming up behind and there were occasions when it was safer to take the cut thru. Also saved time when cars were approaching as they had the right of way.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Here's a screen shot from the Suffolk Highways road reporting page - note that the complaint is about an overgrown hedge blocking the path, but parking on the pavement is considered to be "fine" (roughly here - during the school run this main road through Trimley is effectively a single track for 200+ yards either side of the school)
Screenshot_2018-09-25 Suffolk County Council - ReportIT - ReportIt.png

Top Bottom