Assistance on purchasing a bicycle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jarwolf

Hello guys and girls! I am looking for a bicycle that has gears but is a "fatty" meaning; a bicycle with huge tires. I am new at bicycle knowledge; though I have a bicycle. I drive a vehicle but I am wanting to switch to a bicycle for a couple reasons; 1) It's healthier 2) Saves money for gas 3)exercise! 4)BIKE TRIALS AT NIGHT! Which is illegal to be out on in the night but who cares! hehe!

Also; If anyone knows of customizations such as something to store stuf in; flashing lights on the wires; stuff like that. I mainly need help from what I said above. ((a bicycle like this image but with gears on it!))

k2-_fa778bde-c1be-475c-a10f-c1b657c2497f.v1.jpg

Fat-tyre bikes are only useful for very soft terrain, snow and sand and for surfaces that are rough on a scale of 5-10cm (small boulders).
For normal off-road riding, normal MTBs are best. Modern suspension is fine for that.
Fat-tyre bikes are not good for everyday utility riding.
The bike pictured has gears.
It isn't illegal to ride a bike at night.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

I thank you so much! I will get a MTB bike then instead. I have a bike but the brakes are not working. It's script I do believe , I have no clue where and what is the right piece to fix it. :'(

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

Haha. Yeah...I got a vehicle but I'm sure it's healthier and more money in my pocket if I use a bike in the long run. I am also looking for front and back lights that I can wirelessly turn on and off by a button perhaps near my gears, affordable too, would be nice.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I thank you so much! I will get a MTB bike then instead. I have a bike but the brakes are not working. It's script I do believe , I have no clue where and what is the right piece to fix it. :'(
When i started maintaining my bike, i had no clue either... i just took it apart and put it together again and before long, sussed out what should go where. 'Maintenance' is nothing more than taking it apart and putting it back together again, only you clean all the parts and put some grease on all the bits where metal rubs on metal, before putting it back together. If you find a part that looks broken or worn beyond use, take it to a bike shop and buy like for like.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

I'm not sure if there is a bike shop around here other than Walmart sadly. I am still kind of thinking to get that mongoose bike up there in my original post.

I also wish to get http://www.loudbicycle.com/
the bike I want: http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Mongoo...Fat-Tire-Mountain-Bike-Navy-Blue-Red/29741123

I tried to take the brakes apart but it wouldnt come off, The right (which is the rear breaks I do believe) is so dang tight it won't come off; as if someone like gorilla glued it :laugh:
The left one is just script; no use even doing it unless I got the new parts. It looks like the break pads are eh...pretty :cursing: .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

@cyberknight , Thank you! I called that one bicycle shop and they said it was $1400 for just the FRAME, I was like omg! So I will stick to the one I posted aboclve unless I find a cheaper MTB bike. With the car horn of course.

OP
OP
Jarwolf

Jarwolf

Well, you can walk or ride your bike on the sidewalks of the streets, just not in parks or on bike paths. They "don't want you to get robbed or molested" weird folks hang out around that time. I still walk the path though. Illegally.

annirak

Veteran
Haha. Yeah...I got a vehicle but I'm sure it's healthier and more money in my pocket if I use a bike in the long run. I am also looking for front and back lights that I can wirelessly turn on and off by a button perhaps near my gears, affordable too, would be nice.

I've only seen a small number of lights with a remote switch. All of these have been wired. All of them have been very expensive (£200 minimum). None of them have been integrated front and rear. You might need to check german light manufacturers, since there's some stipulation in StVZO about turning lights on or off with a single switch, though don't quote me on that, it's just a hazy memory.

Top Bottom