Assistance required concerning male logic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ChrisKH said:
Salt residue?

Don't forget the cleaner for the dishwasher will be stronger than that used for dishes, so will clean off what dishwasher powder/tablets will not.

(Labouring the point)

Salt is soluble so will just wash off anywhere.

In hard water areas you can get limescale build up. But the salt that is bunged in the tablet things should stop this (or pour some limescale remover on the element if not).

Stronger than the usual stuff! It gets the crud off the bottom of a pan after I have been let loose in the kitchen amazingly well as it is.

I (or in fact Mrs OTH) never use these cleaners but just clean out the filters regularly. Stuff goes in dirty and comes out clean- Job done! How can the inside of the dishwasher be dirtier than a clean plate?

ChrisKH

Guru
Over The Hill said:
(Labouring the point)

Salt is soluble so will just wash off anywhere.

In hard water areas you can get limescale build up. But the salt that is bunged in the tablet things should stop this (or pour some limescale remover on the element if not).

Stronger than the usual stuff! It gets the crud off the bottom of a pan after I have been let loose in the kitchen amazingly well as it is.

I (or in fact Mrs OTH) never use these cleaners but just clean out the filters regularly. Stuff goes in dirty and comes out clean- Job done! How can the inside of the dishwasher be dirtier than a clean plate?

Mate, I just do as I'm told. Doesn't pay to challenge her indoors. Plus your argument requires me to think - refer to OP. ;)

bonj2

if it hasn't buggered up his plumbing then it should be a problem. But I would have thought all the food scraps would go down the outlet pipe instead....

Wolf04

Well I think your all being very cruel to the poor chap.
He needs to do the following:
1.Drink some beer while considering the problem.
2 Go to B&Q and buy the required tools (nobody has the right one) these should ideally be power tools.
3. Drink some more beer.
4. Give the problem some further consideration, three or four weeks should be about right.
5. Go to the pub with his mates to garner their opinions.
6. Discover it was fixed three weeks ago by a........Woman.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
marinyork said:
Of course not. Maths and similar subjects deal all the time with things that don't exist, what on earth would we want anything to do with real things?

In the case of the male person in this scenario, he has a Degree in Electronic Engineering, and an OU Degree in something like Geology and rocks and things. Are you trying to suggest that electricity and rocks do not exist? :wacko:

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's standard isn't it that you either get given brains or common sense, but never both???

my sister (the brain's of the family) thought that "colour fast" on the washing machine dial meant a quick wash :whistle:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
buggi said:
it's standard isn't it that you either get given brains or common sense, but never both???

my sister (the brain's of the family) thought that "colour fast" on the washing machine dial meant a quick wash :wacko:

A stainless steel sink, that is one that never gets dirty.

When told to "right click", they type the word "click".

:becool:

cchapman

"Maths and similar subjects deal all the time with things that don't exist,"

So when my 4yo daughter said " Daddy, I know wherer numbers live, they live in the brain" she was talking about an ephemerum, such as cultures, law and history, or put simply beliefs?

I would rather believe that dishwashers didn't exist.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
cchapman said:
"Maths and similar subjects deal all the time with things that don't exist,"

So when my 4yo daughter said " Daddy, I know wherer numbers live, they live in the brain" she was talking about an ephemerum, such as cultures, law and history, or put simply beliefs?

I would rather believe that dishwashers didn't exist.

It's a very old joke from around the 1920s/30s, I can't remember who said it now but it was someone very famous like Weyl or Cartan. Having been round people like this I can assure you I met many people who think numbers are a load of nonsense and it is equations that matter and a group of other people that thought the opposite!

cchapman

An old joke, like the cartoon in the New Yorker wher the waiter asks the diner frowning over the bill "Is everything alright?" gets the response "Oh certainly, I was just wondering whether the basis of our mathematical systems was as sound as we assume it to be." ?

Top Bottom