At last, FINISHED scanning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... Over 280 photgraphs of public houses. Mostley taken over 25 years ago (Some only 20). I have ordered some postcards of two pubs to hopefully sell, as a trial. Thought about producing a booklet with around 25 or so photographs of the Leicester ones, being local. I know which have changed or can find out. Some are not even there any more. EG The County Arms in Blaby.

Three photgraphs are of London pubs.

At least there now in the PC and can be 'used' for various applications :smile:

Any ideas?

To late for a calendar, this year.

domtyler

Über Member
You could make an online museum. Free to browse but maybe get some advertising revenue from some breweries?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Lord of the Teapot said:
... Over 280 photographs of public houses. Mostly taken over 25 years ago (Some only 20). I have ordered some postcards of two pubs to hopefully sell, as a trial. Thought about producing a booklet with around 25 or so photographs of the Leicester ones, being local. I know which have changed or can find out. Some are not even there any more. EG The County Arms in Blaby.

Three photographs are of London pubs.

Any ideas?

Cycle to the remaining pubs, have a relaxing half*/pint*/cup of tea, take a matching photo for a now and then comparison.

*Obviously not all in 1 day, you'll be pished, I would spread it over a long w/end !

OP
OP
LordoftheTeapot
Elmer Fudd said:
Cycle to the remaining pubs, have a relaxing half*/pint*/cup of tea, take a matching photo for a now and then comparison.

*Obviously not all in 1 day, you'll be pished, I would spread it over a long w/end !

I could do the local ones, but some are in Wales, Birmingham, Ironbridge, Nottingham etc. Over the 1980's I took a photgraph of every pub I went in. I also made a note of the beer I had, the price and marked it out of ten.

While I was scanning them it was like re-doing the cycle ride. Four or five pubs on the way down to London :smile:

Two or three over to the east coast.

Slowgrind

I bought a photographic enlarger from a guy who had a garage full of old and new steam train photos. He had scanned them all into his computer and could print them as postcards or plain images. They were sold through "evilbay". I don`t think he made a living at it, but it helped pay for his hobby.

Abitrary

Lord of the Teapot said:
... Over 280 photgraphs of public houses. Mostley taken over 25 years ago (Some only 20). I have ordered some postcards of two pubs to hopefully sell, as a trial. Thought about producing a booklet with around 25 or so photographs of the Leicester ones, being local. I know which have changed or can find out. Some are not even there any more. EG The County Arms in Blaby.

Three photgraphs are of London pubs.

Any ideas?

Which london pubs? Is there a forlorn looking kid sitting on the front step nursing a bottle of lemonade and eking out a bag of golden wonder crisps?

Top Bottom