1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At last, FINISHED scanning...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Lord of the Teapot, 6 Jan 2008.

1. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

... Over 280 photgraphs of public houses. Mostley taken over 25 years ago (Some only 20). I have ordered some postcards of two pubs to hopefully sell, as a trial. Thought about producing a booklet with around 25 or so photographs of the Leicester ones, being local. I know which have changed or can find out. Some are not even there any more. EG The County Arms in Blaby.

Three photgraphs are of London pubs.

At least there now in the PC and can be 'used' for various applications :smile:

Any ideas?

To late for a calendar, this year.

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You could make an online museum. Free to browse but maybe get some advertising revenue from some breweries?

3. OP
    OP
    Lord of the Teapot

Now that does sound a good idea, domtyler. A lot of the photgraphs are of the local pubs owned by Everards.

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Cycle to the remaining pubs, have a relaxing half*/pint*/cup of tea, take a matching photo for a now and then comparison.

*Obviously not all in 1 day, you'll be pished, I would spread it over a long w/end !

5. good for you... i'm still up/downloading all the pictures i took over the holiday onto flickr. i have 4 days worth left.

6. OP
    OP
    Lord of the Teapot

I could do the local ones, but some are in Wales, Birmingham, Ironbridge, Nottingham etc. Over the 1980's I took a photgraph of every pub I went in. I also made a note of the beer I had, the price and marked it out of ten.

While I was scanning them it was like re-doing the cycle ride. Four or five pubs on the way down to London :smile:

Two or three over to the east coast.

7. Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

I bought a photographic enlarger from a guy who had a garage full of old and new steam train photos. He had scanned them all into his computer and could print them as postcards or plain images. They were sold through "evilbay". I don`t think he made a living at it, but it helped pay for his hobby.

8. OP
    OP
    Lord of the Teapot

The postcards I have ordered are for E Bay as well as local people.
    100 off of two pubs.
    lol@ evilbay

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Which london pubs? Is there a forlorn looking kid sitting on the front step nursing a bottle of lemonade and eking out a bag of golden wonder crisps?

10. How about 'photo' beer mats? Sell in pubs, clubs etc...Should be a million seller:wacko::smile: