At least 9 speed Road bike cheap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
As I’ve been indoor training a lot recently my sweat has burnt my bartape off. I need an old hack just for the Neo. The unit only likes 9 to 11 speed cassettes.
Sora would be fine. Size 52 to 54.
Anybody wanting to clear their stable?
:hello::hugs::thumbsup:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Where are you at?

Also, do you have a budget in mind; i.e. what's "cheap"?

I've got both my Eastway R4.0 (8 speed though) and the Olmo Rigel (9 speed Campag) for sale shortly.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Where are you at?

Also, do you have a budget in mind; i.e. what's "cheap"?

I've got both my Eastway R4.0 (8 speed though) and the Olmo Rigel (9 speed Campag) for sale shortly.
I’m not far from Dewsbury but problem is my Neo freehub is for SRAM/Shimano only. I might be able to get an 8 speed working with some fiddling around.
I’m thinking no more than £300.

Thanks.

DCLane

OK - the Eastway would be £120 and it's got Claris shifters and would have new bar tape and a new chain. Currently it's running Shimano RS30 wheels with GP4000S tyres. The photo's from before I switched to Claris but it's pretty close:

s-l1600-jpg-353677-jpg.353680

The Olmo Rigel I'd be looking for about £200, but that's Campag I'm afraid. It's got new black bar tape, a 30 mile-old chain and an unused Selle Italia Canard saddle now:

olmo1-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I love the Olmo but I might have to buy a campy free hub body £45.
I’ll take the East way when you’re ready as long as it fits ok. Can you do new tape in either black or white please?
:smile:

Last edited:

DCLane

I love the Olmo but I might have to buy a campy free hub body £45.
I’ll take the East way when you’re ready as long as it fits ok. Can you do new tape in either black or white please?
:smile:

Thanks. Give me a couple of days to change the chain, fit new bar tape and put the Eastway saddle back (I use a Charge Spoon) and it'll be ready by Wednesday evening.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Thanks again David.
A truly great guy to meet & buy from.

Dropped the seat about 3-4 mm & straight onto the turbo trainer. Smooth as butter.

Top Bottom