At least she is visable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Saw this today on my way back from my ride. Its on the bus plug section, but its still used by residents and people who just go down anyway. I saw her from a distance away, couldnt tell which way she way going, if she was on the pavement, looked like she was on the road. She got overtook by a few cars and she just stayed there.
As i got closer i tried to video, but hit the camera button instead:wacko:
Image137.jpg

As i went past i though i would let her know shes on the wrong side. She gave me a blank look, so i told her we drive on the left in England and she said "Yeh well i'm going on the pavement now so..." and just bumped up on the pavement where that silver car is coming out in the picture.
She was very very visable though, bright red top, bright blue shorts and bright red sunglasses.
Strange:wacko:

Wolf04

Saw a similar thing yesterday, except I had to vacate the cycle lane to let the hi vis guy through. Can't quite see the rational of riding in a cycle lane the wrong way.
:thumbsup:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I see a lot of this but it is usually 'yoofs' wearing black hoodies and wondering all over the road at night as if the cars were more invisible and softer then they are.

Maybe she is applying walking logic, walk against the flow of traffic so you can see what is coming.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Theres a pavement all the way down that road. When i was turnng left, she had to wait for me to go because she was on the pavement.:thumbsup:
I cant see any logic behind it really. Confused the hell out of me, must of scared car drivers more though.
Just for you Maz, there is a very attractive girl riding down the road on the wrong side wearing hardly anything and is very good looking;)

Maz

Guru
Joe24 said:
Just for you Maz, there is a very attractive girl riding down the road on the wrong side wearing hardly anything and is very good looking;)
Can't wait to see it! You better not be lying, man.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Oh Maz, I think you're going to be very disappointed.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Wolf04 said:
Saw a similar thing yesterday, except I had to vacate the cycle lane to let the hi vis guy through. Can't quite see the rational of riding in a cycle lane the wrong way.
:smile:

If it's anything like the ones in Crewe, it could be crappy markings - some of our off road paths seem to switch from one way to two way (i.e. a single give way goes to a bi-directional give way) without much warning. Coming from Crewe Station, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was one way (towards the station) whereas the give way at the other end of the same stretch of path has the lane split with a double line one side and single the other.

I did have someone going the wrong way in a cycle lane yesterday, but that was two neds on one BMX, so I'm not sure it counts.

Wolf04

John the Monkey said:
If it's anything like the ones in Crewe, it could be crappy markings - some of our off road paths seem to switch from one way to two way (i.e. a single give way goes to a bi-directional give way) without much warning. Coming from Crewe Station, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was one way (towards the station) whereas the give way at the other end of the same stretch of path has the lane split with a double line one side and single the other.

I did have someone going the wrong way in a cycle lane yesterday, but that was two neds on one BMX, so I'm not sure it counts.

No it's on a busy residential road and very clearly marked, in his defense the cycle lane terminates as the road bends to the left (If your him) but carrying straight on leads via a petrol station to a cycle path. The only trouble for him then is crossing the entrance of the petrol staion with cars coming off a dual carriage way from behind him. I used to do it travelling in the correct direction and it was dodgy then. Changed my route to avoid it.
:smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This was my one a couple of weeks ago ... I was so shocked I didn't actually say something... as you can see the road is double parked and narrow (yes it is two way).

29zq1sk.jpg

And she cycled off into the distance on that side of the road even after the bike and car passed.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I guess after secondary and primary, there can only be Zero position.;)

There is a gang of local yoof on BMX's and BSO's who regularly ride the wrong way up the Old Kent Road, if I'm on the hack they stream past me on both sides but if I'm on the trike they all brick it and get on the pavement. Should I put a cow catcher on the front of my bike?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
tdr1nka said:
I guess after secondary and primary, there can only be Zero position.;)

Is Zero tending towards no more? I assume the life expectancy is definately shorter ... though I suspect motorists definately notice you!!! (whilst swearing and swerving).

Top Bottom