At the car wash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to cycle past a local car wash on my rides (mainly Sunday) and see what i thought of as lazy people queuing up to have their cars washed and then see them still in the queue an hour or so later on my ride back!:wacko: I'm a little less physically able now,but when they day comes where i have to sit for an hour in a queue to have someone wash my car while i sit on my backside...then just take me out and shoot me!!:stop:

To me,having someone wash your car if you're able to do it yourself is akin to having someone wipe your backside,when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself!:headshake:

Edit...Having said that,i wouldn't mind someone coming round and running the vacuum cleaner around my flat and dusting once a fortnight or so! If any of you fancy it PM me and we can work out a timetable.:okay:

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I do my own but I like the fact that car washes creates jobs., Luckily for me I have a car washing are with jet wash rigged up all the time, so the effort of getting the stuff out is not a barrier, also I use a quick squirt of an aerosol polish before leathering which leaves it looking nice and shiny whilst also making it far easier to dry.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I wonder about our local one; all the staff appear to be eastern European and it does make me wonder whether they'll all shipped in en-bloc off the back of a load of false promises then sardined into some grotty lashed-up HMO while being paid sub-minimum wage for their efforts..

I thought the word on the street was that most car-washes operate for the purpose of money-laundering.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have never taken one of my cars to a car wash. Always do it myself. My BIL always posts social media pictures of his car when he's had the mobile valleter round. I just think, looks clean for a change !

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
This has put me off lately. Some are modern slavery places of work.

Agree, It's the main reason I don't use them in the main. The ones I've been to always seem to have a more clever and chipper Polish guy in charge who does all the cash and chat, and then 6 or so clearly worse off eastern European guys (Romania most likely I'm guessing) looking like they're having a hard time in life, wearing cast off clothes and looking downtrodden and miserable.

It doesn't fill me with confidence that any tax is being paid, or that the workers are being looked after in terms of their wages and rights. I suspect they're all living hand to mouth in a caravan somewhere getting an agreed (unlawful) amount from the owner. Oh and I never see the same guys twice so I'm guessing they're being trafficked.

Top Bottom