At what point do you become a Cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting question ... I've gone from commuting 50 miles a day and doing Audaxes at the weekends (10 years ago) to commuting up to 30 miles a day (but often only 5) and doing the occasional touring holiday, to doing an occasional 25 mile pootle once every few months. But despite hardly doing any cycling any more, I'd still describe myself as a cyclist if asked. Like Mickle said, it's an attitude.

Abitrary

It's about the daily confidence flux of the motorist and you

mondobongo

Über Member
Its an attitude and some would say a lifestyle. When you are not riding you are invariably talking about bikes, reading about bikes or cycling hanging round on cycling forums. A bike goes past you, you look to see what it is/was on motorway journeys you end up craning your neck to see whats on the roofrack. Why it affects some of us that way and not others I have no idea.

gbb

Legendary Member
mondobongo said:
Its an attitude and some would say a lifestyle. When you are not riding you are invariably talking about bikes, reading about bikes or cycling hanging round on cycling forums. A bike goes past you, you look to see what it is/was on motorway journeys you end up craning your neck to see whats on the roofrack. Why it affects some of us that way and not others I have no idea.

Spot on...errrr thats me actually :biggrin:

Brock

Shh. I was looking forward to the latest installment from The Book of Bonj.

You got an ISBN number for that? I can't find it on Amazon, I'd love to buy a copy though.

bonj2

alternatively get an xda. they rule.

bonj2

mickle said:
I'll be an electric motorist then?

I 'spose :biggrin:
perhaps car drivers shouldn't be called 'motorists' but 'engineists', and you are one of the few who actually are motorists.

LOGAN 5

mondobongo said:
Describes me........!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
mondobongo said:

Errrm...

<stands up>

My names Gambatte....

and I'm a cyclist.

:biggrin::laugh:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
To answer the title question, I reckon it's when you change your first component on your bike not because it's broken but because you've found what you think is a better replacement.

Top Bottom