Attacked by a pheasant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
On my ride this morning, Saw it looking odd at the side of the road as I got close doing about 15 mph it flew up straight in front of my face, only ducking down avoided me getting it square on I still felt it brush the top of my hat. Just as I let out a sigh of relief the bugger swooped on me again from behind straight into the back of my head, I nearly needed clean shorts.

Didnt realize they had a viscious streak ,been swooped on (and pooped on) by gulls before but never any other type of bird.

You must have committed a cycling kit faux pas.

This is what happens when you wear team GB kit or Pro kit when you are not a Pro or member of team GB cycling.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Had a similar thing with a crow on a canal tow path a while back. Just happend to be on a bit where the towpath was down to a rut in the grass so the wobble it caused saw me have my first clipless moment.

For the record, crows are bigger, noisier and a lot more evil looking close up!

Cyclopathic

Veteran
We get the occasional swan on the tow path. Out of the water they are a different beast all together and very reminiscent of their dinosaur ancestors.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
We get the occasional swan on the tow path. Out of the water they are a different beast all together and very reminiscent of their dinosaur ancestors.

Yep - can barely tell them apart

Dinosaur:
Swan,%20Trumpeter%20April%202010b%20Pine%20Grove%20Waterfowl%20Park.jpg

Swan:
t-rex.jpg

Top Bottom