Attacks on cyclists around Dunkirk / Dunkerque ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've never managed to get lost going North out of The Hook and I'm no great navigator. Just follow the signs to the LF1 or Monster.
LF1 signs now take you to the beach first IIRC. Pretty but indirect. Most direct is to go over the level crossing and follow the cycleway straight ahead alongside the main road out of the port, then after the roundabout follow signs for Kijkduin which is on the edge of the Hague. To head East, signs for Rotterdam are pretty direct - follow whichever of red and green Rotterdam bike finger signs has the lowest number (both North and East last ridden summer 2019). To go south, take the fast ferry to Maasvlakte and follow LF1 signs (I last rode it 2017).

(Edited to fix spelling after checking a map and add dates.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jiberjaber

jiberjaber

Veteran
I rode Hoek a week or so ago - as usual there is some roadworks 14km on the LF-M following the Maas outbound which the only indication of the cycle path being closed was some tape over the destinations on a finger post sign.

Inbound, the roadworks in the refinery area are still there (at least 3 years now!) but passable with a slight diversion under the bridge to get on the Maassluis ferry... anyhow - all OT from the original post! :smile:

Glad the trip through Dunkerque want ok!

Top Bottom