Attending Olympic event: what to expect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
According to the Beeb you can take 10 x 100ml bottles of drink. Also there are drinking fountains in the O Park.
Soft bags/rucksacks must be small enough to go under your seat
Sheddy, I'm pretty sure 100ml is the size of a travel bottle of shampoo (a can of coke is 330ml) don't think they sell bottles of soft drink that size!
There aren't drinking fountains in my neck of the woods, only ever seen one in a staff canteen I worked in.
They removed the fountain because of bacterial contamination from the users.
They could put water coolers at big events, but the refill logistics involved would be tricky.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thanks Pat, useful info.

I'm a bit shocked at the prices, £3 for Oasis which is usually about £1.20 but hey ho I knew what I was getting in to when I bought tickets. I seem to remember reading that you can take an empty water bottle which you can fill up at water points?
In Hampden you can ask for it to be filled at the hot food points, it's drinkable water from the sink.

Nihal

Veteran
Looking at thread,i was expecting to see what i could watch if i visited,not what to bring and what not to:giggle:

And Coke price=Water price:eek:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Well I sat through40 minutes of the opening ceremony and have given up on it... I thought it was a festival celebrating sport... what've the Industrial Revolution, the RAF, army and Navy + the Dambusters theme + Churchill, the Queen jumping out of a helicopter [with the actor that plays James Bond?], and NHS people messing about with illuminated beds got to do with it.... I can see it cost a lot but sitting through the whole spectacle in the rain must be soul-destroying. Danny Boyle must be very happy counting out his millions in fees.

[/MOG mode off]. :laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Bombing of Dresden by the look of it.

Top Bottom