Attn: CC Ecosse 21 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Kennoway RC - RT

Milton of Balgonie Village Hall [2 miles to the east of Glenrothes}
21 Feb 10
10.00am - 65 miles road - approx 3.5 hrs
10.05am - 65 miles road - approx 4hrs
10.15am - 38 miles road - approx 2.45 - 3.15 hrs
10.15am - MTB - 2.45 - 3.15 hrs

Cost £5 with buffet

Stephen-D

Nice one, wish i could go on it, going on the Dunfermline Cycle Club ride on the 20th so i got time off work, not sure if they would give me more for this but it looks good, are you doing the ride in Fakland on the 14th?

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
just saw a flyer for it at LBS, reckon I could do the 65 miler in 3.5 - 4hrs IF I could be comfy enough on the bike but struggling after 2 hrs just now :biggrin: still working on my position but it IS getting a lot better.

What I don't know though is, what is a 'Reliability Trial'?
Do you need to stick to the time guidelines?

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Stephen-D said:
Nice one, wish i could go on it, going on the Dunfermline Cycle Club ride on the 20th so i got time off work, not sure if they would give me more for this but it looks good, are you doing the ride in Fakland on the 14th?

I'm off to Musselburgh for the Audax [Tour of East Lothian] on the 14th, would have gone to Falkland but for the clash. Opted for the 6 -6.30 far to early in the season for me. Even at a 10mph average I could be blowing at the end.:tongue:

Just fancy a potter about and I hear there is a hill [Redstone Rig] in the middle, no worst than Falkland. Going up there tomorrow morning for the first time this year.:biggrin:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
kfinlay said:
just saw a flyer for it at LBS, reckon I could do the 65 miler in 3.5 - 4hrs IF I could be comfy enough on the bike but struggling after 2 hrs just now :biggrin: still working on my position but it IS getting a lot better.

What I don't know though is, what is a 'Reliability Trial'?
Do you need to stick to the time guidelines?

Could be wrong but I undersatnd a 'Reliability Trial' to be a chance to check out how you are going; sort of early season check for body, bike and how fast you can thaw out.

I look on it as an organised ride and rarely finish with the group. By the time I get in the fast boys eating team have hoovered up all the cake and the tea is lookwarm.

Thinkng of the 34 miler but *may*hang off the back on the 65 / 4hrs group depending on how I go on the 14th.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Not sure whether to do it or not as I'm doing 35miles just now in 2hrs but my butt couldn't manage 4 hrs in the saddle just yet. :biggrin:
Would it be frowned upon if I did the shorter course in less than the suggested 2.75 to 3.25hrs? If so then for me I think it would be more as a chance to see how these things are organised, meet people and support local events. :biggrin:
Lastly, would I have to register in advance by calling Dave Bean or is it pay on the day? :tongue:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
kfinlay said:
Not sure whether to do it or not as I'm doing 35miles just now in 2hrs but my butt couldn't manage 4 hrs in the saddle just yet. :biggrin:
Would it be frowned upon if I did the shorter course in less than the suggested 2.75 to 3.25hrs? If so then for me I think it would be more as a chance to see how these things are organised, meet people and support local events. :biggrin:
Lastly, would I have to register in advance by calling Dave Bean or is it pay on the day? :tongue:

Generally the group starts out together but I cannot see anyone saying anything if you drift off the front, setting your own pace. RT as very relaxed some race, some keep a steady pace others, just treat it like a Sunday run, have a chat and enjoy the cold and rain. Give the Dave a ring and ask I am sure he will not mind if the call is at a resonable time in the day.

Its pay on the day as far as I know.

If you are having trouble with your fit what about investing £35 with the Edinburgh Tri Centre and get a bike fit done. I hope to get down next Sat (13th) as I have a problem with my left knee which will not go away so I'm off to get some measurements taken.

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Aye, you wish! ;)

You'll need your gears for the Rigg ;)

Falkland Hill (from the Village ) is 4.2 km long, the climb is 251 m with a gradient of 5.5%

Falkland Hill from Leslie is 4.2 km long, 197m climb, with a gradient of 4.7%

Redstone Rig is 5 km, 214m with a gradient of 4.3% and I know I am just about fit enough to walk up all of them :ohmy:

Source

Noodley

Okay, I'll not mention the climbing you'll have already done by the time you get to the Rigg....

You might get lucky and there'll be enough snow to close the road and get a flat diversion ;)

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
I do not know whether to be more scared than I am already. Going with the 6 - 6.30 hour group but I'm thinking of setting out about Sat lunchtime.

I will be using a triple so I *may* just have gears low enough to survive.

Are you back in the saddle yet? Know you have not been to great of late.

OK no one told me about the big hill, as i have i've put down a time of 4.5 hours, it's my first Audax as well ;)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
OK no one told me about the big hill, as i have i've put down a time of 4.5 hours, it's my first Audax as well ;)

:ohmy: Redstone Rig is not THAT bad, even I nearly made it to the top without walking, on my 15+ kg Trek hybrid, with 2 panniers ;). I only had to get off for about 20m at the steepest bit, into a strong headwind last year during our ride to the Border to bring the "Northern" CC Relay Jersey to Scotland (see HJ's write-up for details).

You'll all be fine!

T

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Telemark said:
:ohmy: Redstone Rigg is not THAT bad, even I nearly made it to the top without walking, on my 15+ kg Trek hybrid, with 2 panniers :biggrin:. I only had to get off for about 20m at the steepest bit, into a strong headwind last year during our ride to the Border to bring the "Northern" CC Relay Jersey to Scotland (see HJ's write-up for details).

You'll all be fine!

T

TM you coming then to show how it's done :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
satans budgie said:
TM you coming then to show how it's done :ohmy:

Sadly I can't do next weekend ... we should plan it into one of the CC Ecosse rides this year, a "challenge ride" or something :biggrin: :biggrin:

T

Top Bottom