Attn: CC Ecosse 21 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
SB, I thought you had gotten past the stage where you need someone to talk you up hills by now ... :biggrin:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
HJ said:
SB, I thought you had gotten past the stage where you need someone to talk you up hills by now ... :biggrin:

Must have mistaken me for some one else, I can fly up on a 53x11 and still tell a joke at the top. Aye right, still the worst hill climber in Scotland even LazyFatGit can drop me on a 1 in 200 with a following wind. :ohmy:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
satans budgie said:
Must have mistaken me for some one else, I can fly up on a 53x11 and still tell a joke at the top. Aye right, still the worst hill climber in Scotland even LazyFatGit can drop me on a 1 in 200 with a following wind. :becool:
Which is why he's run back to OZ again and is doing a 100k ride in 2 weeks time :laugh:

Went on a bit of a training run today in preparation for next week, 55.8mls in 3hrs 45 min, went up the Crow rd to see how my climbing skills were, not good, had to stop at the car park half way up, i've discovered that i'm better going downhill rather than up :biggrin:

Stephen-D

bhoyjim said:
Went on a bit of a training run today in preparation for next week, 55.8mls in 3hrs 45 min, went up the Crow rd to see how my climbing skills were, not good, had to stop at the car park half way up, i've discovered that i'm better going downhill rather than up :biggrin:

Hehe arent we all mate :biggrin:

I have made a personal pack to myself and so far i have kept it, regardless of how high the hill is, how long it is, how tired i am and how much cramp i may have in my leg i will never ever stop when im cycling up a hill, so far it has proved to be amazing, and i now find hills as a fun challenge than a long slug :smile:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Stephen-D said:
Hehe arent we all mate :biggrin:

I have made a personal pack to myself and so far i have kept it, regardless of how high the hill is, how long it is, how tired i am and how much cramp i may have in my leg i will never ever stop when im cycling up a hill, so far it has proved to be amazing, and i now find hills as a fun challenge than a long slug :laugh:

Steve, I'm similar about the hills and not stopping but also do not use my two easiest gears - I have a triple and not using the two easiest gears means my easiest gear I do use equates to the same as a 34/25 compact. This is only because I can't afford to change the chainset and I expect this will be what my next bike will have gearing wise.

themightyw

Would love to come along if I can. Might not be possible though as the missus has let me out on Sunday to do the Fife Century reliability trials, and my brother's staying for a couple of days before this ride, but I'll be there if I can!

themightyw

satans budgie said:
I do not know whether to be more scared than I am already. Going with the 6 - 6.30 hour group but I'm thinking of setting out about Sat lunchtime.

I will be using a triple so I *may* just have gears low enough to survive.

Are you back in the saddle yet? Know you have not been to great of late.

SB - you say a 6-6.30 hour group. Do you have a link with the full details / times?

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
themightyw said:
SB - you say a 6-6.30 hour group. Do you have a link with the full details / times?

Chris

Try this http://www.musselburghrcc.co.uk/Audax.html

You will have to be very, very, quick. No entries on the day.

Andy

TechMech

themightyw said:
Would love to come along if I can. Might not be possible though as the missus has let me out on Sunday to do the Fife Century reliability trials, and my brother's staying for a couple of days before this ride, but I'll be there if I can!

Me and my mate are going to be there too, and are probably looking to do the 34 miler. Weather permitting of course as according to the weather sites it could be snowing or bright sunshine, or anything in between I guess :wacko:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Those doing the East Lothian Audax tomorrow - have fun!
Looking forward to some epic tales ... :laugh:

T

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
According to BBC there's a chance of snow on Sunday in Fife :laugh:
Bloomin typical my first sunday off this year for this event and it could snow, fingers crossed hope its wrong as I've found you can only really trust their forecast on the day - they had Sat and sunday as raining up to yesterday!

Stephen-D

Living in fife, it will snow, then it will rain, then it will freeze then it will be bright sunshine and the world will be great, and then and only then will they come out and grit the roads! :biggrin:

good luck on Sunday mate write up a story when you have done it and tell us how you get on!

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Stephen-D said:
Living in fife, it will snow, then it will rain, then it will freeze then it will be bright sunshine and the world will be great, and then and only then will they come out and grit the roads! :laugh:

good luck on Sunday mate write up a story when you have done it and tell us how you get on!

Aye and don't forget the fog ;)

It's my first event for over 25 years so don't know what to expect but there is a few guys I know from the LBS going and my mate from Edinburgh is coming across too.

Who else from here will be turning up? I'll be the one in the Northwave Heart Jersey (see avatar) with red Vitus bike with no tape on my carbon bars (not until I've finalised my fit). Feel free to say hi and I'll keep my eyes open for CC jerseys :wacko:

As I'm off next week I'll see if I can string a wee report together too.

Top Bottom