Audax UK won this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
6709686691_9594cdcfe7.jpg

"Club etranger ayant le plus d'arrivants" in Paris-Brest-Paris.
I had to lug it all the way home from Paris.
Well done all those who rode.

Attachments

• 6709686691_9594cdcfe7.jpg
    6709686691_9594cdcfe7.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 50

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi Ian
Yeah well done everyone. I think I read every blog from the U.K. on last years PBP.
Out of interest where is the trophy going to live ?

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Anywhere except here. Actually, it will be put to good use as a trophy for one of AUK's awards. We just have to decide which.

yello

Actually, it will be put to good use as a trophy for one of AUK's awards.

If I understand that correctly, I'd check with ACP or whoever first (if you've not done so already) that this is acceptable to them. I'd hate for you to upset them and, in my experience, French organisations are pretty laid back so long as you ask first and keep them in the picture. Actually, pretty much like anyone really!

Btw, I rode but I was officially French.... so I can't take any small credit :sad::laugh:

Nuncio

Über Member
I'm happy for you to have the 50 pence 'piece' on the right as long as I can have the slightly larger thing on the left, though I suspect some spoil-sport is going to come along and say it's not up to us.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If I understand that correctly, I'd check with ACP or whoever first (if you've not done so already) that this is acceptable to them...

We've won a few trophies over the years. They're always named for either the donor or the award and then allocated to a particular UK award. Obviously they don't go outside the membership (in fact nowadays they don't go anywhere - the recipient is photographed with the trophy, which is then snatched back and replaced with a smaller trinket to keep).

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Audax UK has also supplied the new vice-President, in the person of Keith Benton, of Les Randonneurs Mondiaux, the body which regulates randonnees of 1200km and over (except PBP). In the normal course of events he will become President in four years time.

Top Bottom