Audaxing with tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Its fair to say that I was pretty unlucky when I ended up cutting the tyre so badly that it required a tube to be fitted. But the fact remains that it happened and therefore it could happen again......anywhere. On this occasion, thankfully I was on our usual Saturday bash route so MrsW was able to come and get me.

In the past when running normal clinchers and tubes and suffering a catastrophic cut or gash like this, this type of repair utilising a Park Tyre Repair boot has seen me up and running again within 1/4hr give or take with no fuss, no trauma and more importantly no mess!!!

I'm genuinely happy that people are pleased with tubeless, and honestly, part of me wants to go back to it for all the positive reasons. But from that one negative experience its left a real bitter taste, which I'm sure people can understand why, once bitten, twice shy as they say.

But I would also be interested to hear about peoples experiences that have also been forced to fit a tube in order to get home and how they managed?

OP
OP
pkeenan

pkeenan

Über Member
Thanks for the contributions from all. Sorry for dredging this up after a few weeks of silence! Thought I'd close this thread off with a minor update:

I've ordered some tubeless rims: it makes no sense to upgrade the rims to tube only when there is the possibility of running tubes or tubeless. It would seem there aren't many options for 32 hole 700c tubeless rims! So I've gone for the Stans Grails, which I've heard lots of good things about.

I'll definitely give tubeless a go, for curiosity. Thanks again for all the various thoughts, experiences and opinions!

Top Bottom