Audio Question: Is a DVD player as good as a CD player for CDs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
So why don't more people buy em, I'm lucky in that 30+ yrs ago I got into Audiophile component HiFi but no-one else in my family would spend the kind of money I did just on listening to music, they think a 'Technics' stack is impressive especially the ones in glass fronted cabinets.

I know what you mean about the glass fronted cabinets with the pretend stacks, look at the back and they are one piece and not separates.

I've a few bits of Technics gear, mostly average and some are destined to the recycling centre, but some of the the cassette decks are pretty good, mine have dbx.

In one small room where I can't fit a full size system, sorry not allowed to fit a full size system I've this little Technics bookshelf separates set up with cheapo Gale 3010s speakers, seems to do the job, tuner is very good.

technics.jpg

simonali

Guru
I use my Blu-ray player for playing CDs these days out of convenience and because it sounds good. With it being quite high end it has analogue audio outputs, too, but I doubt my 50 odd year old ears would hear a difference these days, so I've never connected them up to have a listen.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I know what you mean about the glass fronted cabinets with the pretend stacks, look at the back and they are one piece and not separates.

I've a few bits of Technics gear, mostly average and some are destined to the recycling centre, but some of the the cassette decks are pretty good, mine have dbx.

In one small room where I can't fit a full size system, sorry not allowed to fit a full size system I've this little Technics bookshelf separates set up with cheapo Gale 3010s speakers, seems to do the job, tuner is very good.

View attachment 427591
Call me 'old fashioned' but,

Quad 001.JPG

:wub:

Top Bottom