August 30th - Leeds - Dawn till Dusk Challenge 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craz

Hi.

CharityAdventure.org.uk are running an event on Sunday 30th August (the Bank Holiday Weekend) called the Dawn till Dusk Challenge 100.

It's either a 100 mile or 100km scenic road event starting and ending at the Yarnbury Rugby Club in Horsforth, Leeds and backed by the Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative.

Teams of 4 will try to complete the route before sunset (easy for the non-novices!).

The entry fee is £100 per team. *ALL* entry fee money will be donated to the charities chosen by the fastest of the two teams on the day (100mile/100km). CharityAdventure.org.uk organise this voluntarily.

After the event, we'll be hosting a BBQ & disco at the club, you're welcome to camp for free (bring your own gear) on either the Saturday or Sunday night.

For more information check out the website at http://charityadventure.org.uk/dawntilldusk2009.aspx

All types of teams are most welcome, pro/semi-pro/novice with any type of bike. The route is all on quite, scenic roads North of Leeds.

Thanks.

Craz.

Stop posting this! I'm getting more and more tempted and I'm too skint to go once I include travel costs, etc!!!!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
Stop posting this! I'm getting more and more tempted and I'm too skint to go once I include travel costs, etc!!!!

Travel costs? Turn it into a mini tour and cycle there.

;);):rofl::evil:

OP
OP
Craz

Craz

So...... what's the best way for us to advertise this event :wacko:

I've sent some posters to cycling shops in N & W Yorkshire. Hopefully they'll get displayed (touch wood).

We've got a Police Team, a team from a couple of companies in Leeds and two or three personal teams entered so far, but it would be nice to get some cycling club teams, other company/forces-type (ambulance, army, fire brigade, etc) teams involved.

Help!!! :tongue:

OP
OP
Craz

Craz

Just a quick update.

We've now got the D2D website up and running and it's taking online bookings, has news, faq, links to both of the routes (100km and 100 mile) and more information on the event.

We're also now adding in some family entertainment during the day at the Yarnbury Rubgy Club so that the kids can come along with / without their bikes and take part in some fun stuff (bike gymkhana type stuff, bouncy castles, and lots more).

http://dawntillduskchallenge100.org.uk

Thanks.

Top Bottom