August CM (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
What number CM is this one Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Can't make it this Friday, Tony: needed at home. ;)

As for the future - well it's a bit of an uncomfortable feeling, I'm afraid: shouldn't be, I know, but it is. The usual gathering-place at the end of the NFT cafe is very much an ACF thing and I'm no longer ACF...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I stopped going when a whole run of CMs were taken over by some punk idiot couriers.

The majority just trundle along, relying on those at the front to pick a good route.

Since these guys seemed intent on using the crappest roads (covent garden anyone??????) I gave up going.

It's a shame, I used to enjoy it.

Was also kind of ruined by the over zealous police who decided that stopping it every 100 yards was a good idea........

Shame again, I used to like seeing Valiant.......

Pete

yello said:
;)

another falling out?
Yes, quite true, but let's not go there. Not here, not now. In fact I'd be happy to be quite open about what went wrong: I don't feel bound by Sam Walker's many taboos, one of which is you're not allowed to mention a departee ever again... but perhaps Soapbox is a more appropriate arena. One of these days. Perhaps I'm wrong to feel out-of-place at the ACF gathering. Just things going through my mind...

zimzum42 said:
I stopped going when a whole run of CMs were taken over by some punk idiot couriers.

The majority just trundle along, relying on those at the front to pick a good route.

Since these guys seemed intent on using the crappest roads (covent garden anyone??????) I gave up going.

It's a shame, I used to enjoy it.

Was also kind of ruined by the over zealous police who decided that stopping it every 100 yards was a good idea........

Shame again, I used to like seeing Valiant.......
One of the things I've learnt about CM is that you have to be exceedingly tolerant.

If the ride gets hijacked by the trusta types, bike waving in air for some political cause, etc. etc., you just have to shrug and sit around waiting for things to move on ... don't try to mould CM your way, just go with the flow. Relax. Much of the political stuff that gets yelled out at CM, I don't necessarily support.

Really, it's just a bit of fun and no principles to stand on. Though it's nice to see a lot of cyclists being noticed by the public - you get tourists taking photos. And I never had any trouble with the Plod. Maybe I was lucky in the days I chose to go along.

Pete

...and welcome to this forum, to you, Sam (and Beatrix!). Nice to keep in touch. I think I will make an effort to turn up to a future CM, sometime...

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

If you want to see a sound system being towed behind a trike, a sound system that requires its own trailer.....

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Valiant, it was this thread that made me come and fetch you. sorry can't make it tomorrow, best mate at work is having a leaving do, and I don't leave Osterley until 7.30.....

harumph.......

Top Bottom