Auntie Helen's July in Germany... with trike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, he does, but might be a teensy bit young for me. :unsure:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Yesterday (Thursday) I re-did the Erft Valley ride as it's a nice one, but cutting out the section which is being resurfaced.

The only pic I took was that of a barge. We used to own a boat which was a Bavaria 34, a sailing yacht, so it was a bit of a surprise to discover what Bavaria design for their larger boats...

DSCF5631.jpg

Then last night I went out with some of my classmates for a little post-exam celebration.

We met in the Altstadt (I went by bike, of course) and as we were standing waiting a rather scary-looking woman with lots of facial piercings came up and asked if she could have my English flag. I asked why and she said it's because she loves England. I pointed out that the flag was dirty, tatty and a bit ripped but she said she didn't mind, she just wanted one. So I took it off the flagpole and gave it to her. All I now had was a tiny German flag so the flagpole wasn't really doing its safety bit any longer.

I had a fab Argentinian steak at a steakhouse with the French chap and two Bulgarians. What I found most interesting is none of them had heard of the Falklands war. So there you go.

We then moved into a noisy Irish Bar where 100ish of the language school people were hanging out. It was too noisy for me so I only stayed an hour.

I cycled home back along the Radweg along the Rhein which was slightly spooky in the dark. The Fernsehturm looked nice though.

DSCF5641.jpg

47.5 miles for the day. I just need to do 25 today and I'll have done 1000 for the month. I won't have a chance to ride tomorrow as I'll be on the Ferry wending my way back to Blighty...

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
That was very mean of you to post pictures of German cakes. I don't know where I could go to get cakes as nice as that ..... Actually, the rule is, the further north you go in Germany, the better the cakes, and no, Black Forest Gateau is not the exception.

Can tell you've been in Germany a while, you're starting to sprinkle German words in your sentences. It happens to the best. :biggrin:

Top Bottom