Autosol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mikeymustard
Has anybody noticed that Brasso has a different smell? They must have substituted something else for the white spirit. Quite an unpleasant smell now. I did, though, manage to buy a new can of the old stuff, which must have been new old stock.
It's health and safety gone mad! As the Daily Hate Mail would say

T cut and Brasso used to have amonia in them.
I used to use a lot of Solvol Autoslol but have now progressed onto Meguiars all metal polish. You only need a tiny dab on a piece of cloth to bring ally up like chrome.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I think I posted some time ago about my little slip up with Autosol.
I had put it on the forks on the MTB and was merrily polishing away, but it wasn't rubbing off and it looked a mess!

Then I checked the tube....I was actually trying to polish the forks with lithium grease :laugh:

paul-kent

D4C767F1-71A5-44DB-BE33-0599CBEA27E3_zpspxq6orut.jpg

I have this s in the shed, as can be seen, it don't get used much :tongue:

T cut and Brasso used to have amonia in them.
I used to use a lot of Solvol Autoslol but have now progressed onto Meguiars all metal polish. You only need a tiny dab on a piece of cloth to bring ally up like chrome.
@Illaveago , do you find the Meguiars better than SA?

@Illaveago , do you find the Meguiars better than SA?
Yes , I bought t it to begin with as it was a buy one and get half the shop free deal. Well something along those lines. I tried it on some weinmann brake levers which had not been touched in decades and they came up almost like chrome. All you need is a tiny dab on an old cotton wrag and work it in and the polish it off. I was amazed by how little polish was required. I have used Autoslol before, since the 70's to be precise, and thought that it was pretty good but now I find the Meguiars a lot better, not so messy, smells nice, and the shine seems to last longer. I have used it on my stainless steel watch strap and it looks new now.

Yes , I bought t it to begin with as it was a buy one and get half the shop free deal. Well something along those lines. I tried it on some weinmann brake levers which had not been touched in decades and they came up almost like chrome. All you need is a tiny dab on an old cotton wrag and work it in and the polish it off. I was amazed by how little polish was required. I have used Autoslol before, since the 70's to be precise, and thought that it was pretty good but now I find the Meguiars a lot better, not so messy, smells nice, and the shine seems to last longer. I have used it on my stainless steel watch strap and it looks new now.
Thank you.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I like the way they still have the old school black & white pictures on the box. Can anybody identify the bike*?
20151027_123756.jpg

*To pre-empt any smart arse comments, yes I know it's the fourth from the left.

Top Bottom