• use them, especially as they took them off us on biker*d*r

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

electricdave

Do we have the option?
Personally I don't mind avatars, but prefer them if they're static rather than animated.
Can't stand picture sigs though.... they really would ruin the look of the board.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bear with me, I'm old...

What's an avatar? Is it like a profile pic? I don't mind if it's in the margin down the left, with the username and postcount etc. But not in the body of the text - like the sig pictures there were on Bike radar. That just gets in the way and looks messy to me...

Shaun

Founder
Just click on Profile in the menu, and look at the bottom of the profile page. You can upload an Avatar image and it'll appear in the left side under your username.

PS. AFAIK I've disabled HTML in sigs so there shouldn't be any pics appearing. (Let me know if you find any!)

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
Bear with me, I'm old...

What's an avatar? Is it like a profile pic? I don't mind if it's in the margin down the left, with the username and postcount etc. But not in the body of the text - like the sig pictures there were on Bike radar. That just gets in the way and looks messy to me...

spot on arch. if the vote goes the right way i'll be using the same one from C+, on bike, tongue stuck out)

electricdave

Administrator said:
Just click on Profile in the menu, and look at the bottom of the profile page. You can upload an Avatar image and it'll appear in the left side under your username.

PS. AFAIK I've disabled HTML in sigs so there shouldn't be any pics appearing. (Let me know if you find any!)

Hi Admin, I had a go at that, but got this error:

General Error

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 236
File : usercp_avatar.php

Does it have to be a certain filetype? (Mine's a gif file)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just tried....no particular plans to use one, but they can be amusing. Avatar must be less than 6kb (which limits choice) and less than 80x80 pixels (limiting choice ven further!)
Nice to see a growing number of C+ ers making themselves comfortable!

mosschops2

How small does 80x80 work out?

I wouldn't mind them, as long as they were say max. as big as the "a" in Cyclechat in the logo. Or preferably slightly smaller.

Probably wouldn't bother with one, although may eventually for the hell of it, but either way, would not want them to become either intrusive, or a feature!!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
They'd have to be pretty small.

I tried to upload one and got:

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/738297038468e32cb6de8b.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cyclechat/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cyclechat/public_html/includes/usercp_avatar.php:28:8: in /home/cyclechat/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Whatever that means....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
OK this one (see left, if this works) is 50x50 and 1.something kb.
Ha ha. it din't work. I give up. Avatars? Who needs 'em!

Shaun

Founder
Okay, I'll look into this - obviously not working.

I'll try and download some gallery ones too so that you can just pick one if you've not got one to upload.

Might have to be after the weekend though, as I really need to get on with some work today :blush: :rolleyes:

Shaun

Founder
Sorted - the avatar directory on the server wasn't writable.

Upload away. (I'll add some to the server too.)

Top Bottom