Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I was trying to minimise just how poorly you'd been. You certainly gave us all a scare!

Don't think I'm qualified to comment on beer bellies:blush: , but you do pull faces on photos!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ach, you're still a good looking chap, Colin, do update your avatar.
I have created a temporary new avatar from a photo taken after today's ride. I will probably replace it with another one at some point but at least I look my age now!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have created a temporary new avatar from a photo taken after today's ride. I will probably replace it with another one at some point but at least I look my age now!
Not a day older than in your last avatar ^_^

If you don't like the way you look* why don't you just stick up an avatar of a cake?

You could of course just accept that is how you look and be comfortable with it.

*the facial expression on the one you have used is no less "funny" than any of the others you dismissed in my opinion - I thought the earlier ones were fine

ColinJ

If you don't like the way you look* why don't you just stick up an avatar of a cake?
Because then I Like Skol would say "Funny, your face looks like a cake in your avatar". (You'd have to have been on the ride to understand that comment!)

People do actually come up to me, having recognised me from my picture. I can't see them approaching my table at a cafe stop and talking to my slab of chocolate cake!

You could of course just accept that is how you look and be comfortable with it.
I do accept that it is how I look. I don't like getting old, but I am, so there you go.

I had a few people saying that I didn't look 60 in my old picture. Clearly I didn't then because it was taken 10 years ago. I decided that it would be simpler just to update the picture.

*the facial expression on the one you have used is no less "funny" than any of the others you dismissed in my opinion - I thought the earlier ones were fine
Really? One photo looked as though I was suffering from a bad case of piles, another that I was chewing a wasp, and the third like an out-take from a remake of Goodfellas! :laugh:

The new one is all I could come up with in the 7 milliseconds that I had left after triggering the camera timer and running into position. I did it about 4 or 5 times. That is the best of the bunch and I really can't be bothered to get the tripod back out and go through it again. It will do for now.

Because then I Like Skol would say "Funny, your face looks like a cake in your avatar". (You'd have to have been on the ride to understand that comment!)

People do actually come up to me, having recognised me from my picture. I can't see them approaching my table at a cafe stop and talking to my slab of chocolate cake!

I do accept that it is how I look. I don't like getting old, but I am, so there you go.

I had a few people saying that I didn't look 60 in my old picture. Clearly I didn't then because it was taken 10 years ago. I decided that it would be simpler just to update the picture.

Really? One photo looked as though I was suffering from a bad case of piles, another that I was chewing a wasp, and the third like an out-take from a remake of Goodfellas! :laugh:

The new one is all I could come up with in the 7 milliseconds that I had left after triggering the camera timer and running into position. I did it about 4 or 5 times. That is the best of the bunch and I really can't be bothered to get the tripod back out and go through it again. It will do for now.
The other ones were better, the one you have looks like you are trying to stop wasps from flying into your mouth.

ColinJ

"A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again."

Alexander Pope, I'm fairly sure!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't like getting old, but I am, so there you go.
You don't? I'm loving getting old - ok, not as old as you ... yet :tongue:
Isn't the self confidence that comes with age great?
Had I known what I know today when I was in my 20's I would have saved myself an awful lot of grief!
Also, because of the cycling, I'm fitter now that I was then, so, all good!

Top Bottom