Average Speed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikey32shaw

Regular
Well i am new to cycling although I would see myself as quite fit. After purchasing the new bike getting Strava App and having a onboard computer I have started clocking up the miles. I have done just short of 80 in the last week but for the life of me can't get my average above 17.5mph. Any tips or is it just perseverance and I will get quicker?

fossala

Guru
17.5 is good, I had to work hard to get that as my average. I do longer rides in general though and live in Cornwall.

For getting quicker try interval training.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well i am new to cycling although I would see myself as quite fit. After purchasing the new bike getting Strava App and having a onboard computer I have started clocking up the miles. I have done just short of 80 in the last week but for the life of me can't get my average above 17.5mph. Any tips or is it just perseverance and I will get quicker?

17.5 is good, I had to work hard to get that as my average. I do longer rides in general though and live in Cornwall.

For getting quicker try interval training.

Or don't!

80 miles in a week is not a lot, just ride more!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Jeez
Crikey - I'm useless.

80 miles a week is "not a lot" and 17.5mph av' needs improving on! :ohmy::laugh:

Are you chaps young by any chance?
I was thinking the same............I would kill to be able to average 17.5mph :laugh:

OP
OP
Mikey32shaw

Mikey32shaw

Regular
There is no reason I want it higher, I'm not racing I just have that urge to always improve. Should learn to slow down and enjoy at nearly 36 lol

mangid

Guru

More miles in the legs, get your weekly mileage up.....

Top Bottom