Avignon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Getting excited now...

IMG-20180427-WA0000.jpeg

Especially this section
IMG-20180427-WA0002.jpeg

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Planning on riding up some sides of the windy mountain? I plan to return there one day, as the cinglés has so far eluded me, for various reasons.
It depends. I may have a couple of mateys going. If they do (I expect them to jib it), things may get a bit alcoholic, which precludes climbing.

If they do jib it, however, I'm definitely having a go. You have to, don't you?

Lee-M

Update us in March as to how it went, please!

I've taken mine on ferries and trains. When I've flown, I've hired there instead. I know people do it but I don't think I'd trust airport handlers with anything less than a hard shell box unless I really had to.

Sorry bit late with an update . Getting the bike from Gatwick to Marseille was fairly routine . The mishap I had at Gatwick which involved me having to drag the bike in it's plastic bag from one end of the concourse to the other was down to me not logging the bike in correctly . I turned the bars , took the pedals off but forgot to drop the chain off . Fortunately , one of the baggage handlers must have done it as the chain was off the ring at Marseille . The bike was unscathed on arrival .Loaded up , cycled four k's before realising I was going the wrong way ,cycled back to the airport and took the correct road off the roundabout .

What I recommend you don't do is chain your bike up in Aux En Provence ,find an Irish bar to watch France v England 6 Nations ,get slightly tanked up and some hours later find some sod has unchained the aforementioned bike leaving the previous owner a little bamboozled as to the next move .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What I recommend you don't do is chain your bike up in Aux En Provence ,find an Irish bar to watch France v England 6 Nations ,get slightly tanked up and some hours later find some sod has unchained the aforementioned bike leaving the previous owner a little bamboozled as to the next move .
Liked for the update but not these VARMINTS!

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Sorry bit late with an update . Getting the bike from Gatwick to Marseille was fairly routine . The mishap I had at Gatwick which involved me having to drag the bike in it's plastic bag from one end of the concourse to the other was down to me not logging the bike in correctly . I turned the bars , took the pedals off but forgot to drop the chain off . Fortunately , one of the baggage handlers must have done it as the chain was off the ring at Marseille . The bike was unscathed on arrival .Loaded up , cycled four k's before realising I was going the wrong way ,cycled back to the airport and took the correct road off the roundabout .

Oh, blimey.... Quelle dommage... Rotten sods.

Probably a Rosbif.

Lee-M

What can you do . Once the bike is gone ,it's gone .Fortunately , it was only a long weekend tour but I have to say being able to put four panniers, three dry bags , and a handlebar bag in the big plastic bike bag and slinging it over my shoulder to get to the airport saved an awful lot of aggravation. On the plus side I bought a Ridgeback Voyage so I am back up and touring . Did a weekend tour of Kent last weekend and plan to do the Kennet and Avon Canal route this weekend.

Top Bottom