avin a pop at a century ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
all done :troll: 108 miles, 9 hours ride time and 10 hrs 50 total for the trip.

i could have done with more total rest time than 1 hr 50 really, but the guy i went with likes to dictate things a bit :ohmy:

i'd certainly do it again solty, so if you fancy it, we can sort it out :troll:

cheers, velocidad ;)

Noodley

well done velocidad ;)

ASC1951

Guru
velocidad said:
how'd you get on ASC?
Off a bit later than planned at 9.40, but back just in time for the footie. As Soltydog says, it turned out not at all windy; and the White Horse Cafe in Thirsk was as good as always.

I assume the "Andrew" is you rather than me, velocidad, but I would be there for a ride over on the east coast in the spring.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done - how are the legs (and backside) today......

I know I struggled to ride to work with sore tendons (the big tendon that sits below the kneecap) the day after...... was fine after that though !

ASC1951

Guru
fossyant said:
Well done - how are the legs (and backside) today......
I had forgotten that I had to turn out for this this morning www.wildboarchallenge.ik.com :thumbsdown:

Good job it used MTB muscles instead.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Well done fella, but which bike was it ?

- or did you do ten miles each, on each bike????

ASC1951

Guru
Ha! The lightweight MTB, but with V brakes so it struggled in Temple Newsam woods - it was so muddy I had to get off every 100 yards to scrat the mud out with a stick because the wheels had stopped going round.

And I did the 50k route, I'll have you know, so it was at least 15 miles each way.

If anyone's looking for a different morning off road in Yorkshire, this Wild Boar Challenge is a good October outing. There's nothing technical and no major climbs so some parents with teenagers do it but it has enough dry singletrack for the speed heroes to flog themselves.

Lots of young birch wood and industrial archaeology to pedal through, plus bird life if you are into that. Recommended.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
did it my town bike, the one i used on the night ride. would have used the brompton, but it's rather lacking in the bottle cage department, i'll have to sort that. the pompino would have been fine with it being a flat route, but it's a rather small frame, so the drop to the bars is a bit much on the neck for long rides. the single speed mtb is in the loft and the dutch cargo bike while having plenty of room for all my sarnies, it is a bit slow going ;-) that just left the pashley trike, and velocimum was using that.
searching ebay for an audax type bike now. not naming any names (CRAIGWEND) but someone has got me looking at titanium bikes now ;-)
i do like the van nicholas amazon, especially the one with the rohloff hub.....not that i can aford such a beast.

cheers, velocidad.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'd certainly be up for having a crack with you on the next one, if i'm free. Not sure if i can manage 100 at the mo, but should be okay at a steady rate. Did just shy of 50 on Saturday inc my commute & couldn't believe how warm it was coming home at 8.30pm ;)

yenrod

velocidad - having done a good few miles myself, when I done mine it was like a personal achievement.

And as much as the congratulations are welcomed, nothing's more satisfying than being able to relish the conquering of that distance, yourself.

Top Bottom