avin a pop at a century ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
CFS symptoms are all but gone ;) and i've been building up the millage since april. so (weather permitting) i'm having a go at a hundred mile ride on sat. hull to york via beverley etc on route 66, then back via selby etc on route 65. looking forward to it, should be a lark;)

cheers, velocidad.

longers

Legendary Member
Have a good un.

Metcheck says Westerly wind gives good last leg home ;).

ASC1951

Guru
I need to do my October hundred this weekend, too, and was thinking of Leeds - York - Howden - Goole - Knottingley - Tadcaster - Leeds. It's the flattest and quickest of my local circuits and I have already done it an embarrassing number of times in the last couple of years. Conscience says I have to at least skirt the Dales this time.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
ComedyPilot said:
I'm in London for the weekend otherwise I would have joined you. have a good one.

might slot in another one before christmas if this one goes ok, you'd be welcome to join me CP. better still, we should sort out a cycle chat century or CCC :tongue:

cheers velocidad.

ASC1951

Guru
Here too, velocidad - and it's looking good, clouds just starting to clear and a dry forecast. Slightly different tactics for me, because I leave with my tummy bulging with food and store the rest of it in the shops along the way, usually just the White Horse cafe in Thirsk. :evil:

There is a brisk wind by the look of it. You will be in York and I will be in Bedale a lot quicker than we get back.

Target is to be home and hosed in time for the footie. which should be maneagable even at my 'nearly qualify for a bus pass' pace.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good luck Andrew, hope it goes well. The wind doesn't seem as bad today as it has been, so fingers crosse the weather stays fine.
Craig & I were talking of doing our 1st century ride, taking in Brid & Withernsea, but that will probably be springtime.
Let me know if you plan to do another this year & I might tag along :evil:

Top Bottom