Avocado

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
After a TT last year the winner was sat by his car eating something to replace the energy he had just used up . I remember him saying it was avocado , egg and rice but i cant remember what else was in there . He was riding for the army so maybe it was an army trick ? He used the skin of the avocado as a bowl for the meal .
I guess the avocado and egg are protein and the rice for carbs , what else would you put in there ?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just tried the part i remembered for lunch .......
I did have two custard cream chasers :hungry:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Salt, freshly ground pepper, sweet chilli sauce, pancetta or bacon or chorizo. If you fry the bacon until crispy, it provides a nice contrasting crunch.

Avocado is fat and some carbs. Very little protein.
Maybe the avocado was for fiber ? I remember it had everthing you need in it . At the time i decided a fry up was a better recovery meal but just had it for lunch and it was rather nice . I tried a bit of soy sauce and salt but just wondered if anyone else had heard of this "snack" as a recovery aid ?

I've heard lots of Army tricks, but never one that involved eating an avocado. Is it a new evolution of the initiation ceremony, like some kind of sick dare, I wonder?
This could easily have come from the Australian Army. Most of them do their basic training in Queensland (so they all are addicted to prawns and XXXX beer) and avocados are stupid cheap there because trees were planted in the millions in the 1960s to make farmers rich because avocados were ironically so expensive.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
[QUOTE 5003587, member: 45"]Pulled avocado is the next craze. Just you watch.[/QUOTE]
Probably Thai sweet chilli flavour pulled avocado. In a squeezable container.

I shifted my compost heap over the weeekend and found that every avocado skin was inhabited by a cornucopia of slugs. /Insert snail joke here/.

Top Bottom