Avocado

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5003646, member: 45"]We make our own. S'very easy.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know it's easy, but sometimes there are no ripe avocados, and it would be nice to just buy some ready made.

(I sometimes lazily cut finely dice half an avocado still in it's skin, and add some sweet chilli sauce.)

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I read recently a Spanish company were selling low fat avacados, 30% lower. Rather pointless I’d have thought.

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_3361.JPG
Well, it would be nice if supermarkets started selling guacamole.

Yes, they do sell something labelled guacamole but it's full of sour cream or cream cheese. That is not guacamole.
My favourite guac recipe (from Nigel Slater). Chunky every time.
Still waiting to hit peak avocado up North. I could live on them!

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Mash everything up, put it back into its skin, then throw it in the bin, and get some fish and chips from the chippy, and a couple of jam donuts to finnish things off. :hungry:
I dont think the local chippy is open at 7 am on a Sunday morning but i could smash five doughnuts any time of the day :okay:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
After a TT last year the winner was sat by his car eating something to replace the energy he had just used up . I remember him saying it was avocado , egg and rice but i cant remember what else was in there . He was riding for the army so maybe it was an army trick ? He used the skin of the avocado as a bowl for the meal .
I guess the avocado and egg are protein and the rice for carbs , what else would you put in there ?
Used the skin for a bowl? He must have in the SAS.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Used the skin for a bowl? He must have in the SAS.
:huh:

Cut it to the stone all the way around the meridians (through the poles), twist the two halves and it falls apart, smack the knife mid-blade into the stone, it'll go in a good 5mm or so, twist the knife 30° or so and the stone comes out, then use the tip of the knife to cut the flesh away from the skin all the way round, taking care not to cut through the skin. Peel back the skin pushing the middle of the skin with your thumbs and, if it's ripe enough, the flesh all falls out in one half-egg-shaped piece. Flex the skin back the other way and you could use it as a bowl. Not sure how that would help the SAS.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 5021407, member: 45"]Funny, that's almost word for word the first lecture at veterinary school for castrating piglets.[/QUOTE]
:eek: If the piglet falls apart that early in the process, I suggest they're teaching it wrong!

Top Bottom