Award points at TT's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Even in an out and back the start and finish may not be adjacent. Examples J2/1 and J2/3 in Chelford/Goostrey/Allostock/Tremlow. Other courses are a loop, where the start and finish are offset, eg. J4/20 (broken loop) and J2/9 (placed to meet the distance requirement rather than anything else in this case I would imagine).

400bhp

Guru
Even in an out and back the start and finish may not be adjacent. Examples J2/1 and J2/3 in Chelford/Goostrey/Allostock/Tremlow. Other courses are a loop, where the start and finish are offset, eg. J4/20 (broken loop) and J2/9 (placed to meet the distance requirement rather than anything else in this case I would imagine).

I read your post as a material difference in start and end points, rather than relative differences.

Due to road layout and furniture there will be small differences of course.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I was just clarifying why two timers are required really. I have no idea if they make a concious decision on separating them, though it would make sense to do so though on some courses.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The TT course I have tried is a dual carriage way but the start is from a small side road and the finish is on the main DC, on the other side of the central reservation. So the two points are probably 150 yards apart, or something like that. No idea if this is typical...

Top Bottom