Axe Le Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Its time to call it a day on the Tour de France. 3 dope tests is too many. It has become like a hopeless drunk, fag smoker or junkhead that can't kick its addiction. I have given up watching. Its a sham like wrestling in the 70's.
The crowds have been very thin. 2008 was its last chance which has sadly been blown. I'm am going to do something more worthwhile with my time than sit through this circus.

yello

I disagree. I enjoy the circus but do feel free to do something more worthwhile with your time.

"The Tour de France is finished and the second edition will, I fear, also be the last. It has died of its success, of the blind passions that it unleashed, the abuse and the dirty suspicions... We will therefore leave it to others to take the chance of taking on an adventure on the scale of the Tour de France." - Henri Desgrange, 1904.

Shut the door on your way out Ludders...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The publicity about the dope controls is because it is the No 1 event...that is why...... get the cheats out.............at least the controls can catch them, even if some of the teams don't do their own checks..........

mondobongo

Über Member
Hard times affect all! We may have to go lower than we EVER THOUGHT we would, ride through more storms but in the end we will be able to hold our heads up high.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I think it would have been less credible if there had not been a positive test. Ban the dopers for life.

Rob S

You can't axe it....I'm loving the scenery!!

bonj2

i don't know why they don't just LET them get smacked up to their tits on whatever drugs they like and then have a cycle race. It'd be a lot more fun. at the moment, it's like one of those stupid american footy games where the whistle keeps going every 5 seconds. "Nope - stop! someone's fouled again!" Just makes it boring. Why can't they just get on with it? It's the system that's at fault really - they've clearly got a situation whereby the potential gains of taking drugs far outweight the chances of being caught, and/or the punishment for being caught.

As long as they haven't got an engine, all's fair - that's what i say.
And while they're at it they should do away with all the rules about the bike has to conform to a specific set of parameters aswell.

Well as we are guaranteed at least this many positive tests - do we stop the work for the 2012 Olympics now and save all that money?

Or once again is it only cycling that we should ban?

Top Bottom