Axe Le Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briank

bonj said:
i don't know why they don't just LET them get smacked up to their tits on whatever drugs they like and then have a cycle race. It'd be a lot more fun. at the moment, it's like one of those stupid american footy games where the whistle keeps going every 5 seconds. "Nope - stop! someone's fouled again!" Just makes it boring. Why can't they just get on with it? It's the system that's at fault really - they've clearly got a situation whereby the potential gains of taking drugs far outweight the chances of being caught, and/or the punishment for being caught.

As long as they haven't got an engine, all's fair - that's what i say.
And while they're at it they should do away with all the rules about the bike has to conform to a specific set of parameters aswell.

A beguiling possibility, and one that would free us from this endless, tedious succession of drugs cheat stories.
A proper level playing field, but only within cycling.
What do you say to the parent whose sprog's a bit of an athlete - maybe good at footie, canoeing and cycling - and is wordering which sport to encourage /finance him or her to get into?

bonj2

briank said:
A beguiling possibility, and one that would free us from this endless, tedious succession of drugs cheat stories.
A proper level playing field, but only within cycling.
What do you say to the parent whose sprog's a bit of an athlete - maybe good at footie, canoeing and cycling - and is wordering which sport to encourage /finance him or her to get into?

I'd say out of those 3, probably cycling. But if they wanted my advice, then i'd advise them to teach their kid that enjoying it is more important than racing, and not to be too pushy.

Abitrary

Also, cycling those sort of distances is probably going to do more damage to their hearts etc. than the drugs.

bonj2

cycling improves your heart abitrary, as it exercises it. would have thought you'd know that. tut tut./

Top Bottom