Axiom Odyssee racks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

splitpin

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a lowrider front rack for my bike but have to go for one that is compatible with front suspension as I haven't got the time or knowledge to mess around changing my front forks. I've seen this rack;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14339

but the only pictures of it fitted I can find are on disc brake bikes whereas mine has v brakes. Does anyone know if this will fit with v brakes as I'm not very knowledgeable on these things and what the difference size wise is between v and disc brake setups. I've tried looking at Axiom's website but there description is a bit vague.
My other option is an OMM rack but I'd rather not spend too much money as I'm planning to buy a proper rigid tourer after the summer, at which time I'll probably buy something longer lasting like Tubus racks.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

andym

Über Member
IIRC it comes with a clamp that goes aroun the outer bit of the suspension fork - so ther's no reason why it shouldn't work with v- brakes.

Another, more expensive, alternative is the Tubus Smarti which uses thw v- brake bosses as supports.

Top Bottom