Aye up from Norfolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Greetings from the West. Nice username.

Greetings from the West. Nice username.

It's Schmuck! Not so nice, maybe!

"Schmuck", or "shmuck", in American English is a pejorative term meaning one who is stupid or foolish, or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person. The word came into the English language from Yiddish (שמאָק, shmok), where it has similar pejorative meanings, but where its original and literal meaning is penis.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's Schmuck! Not so nice, maybe!

"Schmuck", or "shmuck", in American English is a pejorative term meaning one who is stupid or foolish, or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person. The word came into the English language from Yiddish (שמאָק, shmok), where it has similar pejorative meanings, but where its original and literal meaning is penis.
"Pun", in English, is a humorous play on words which have similar sound but different meanings; an expression in which two different applications of a word present an odd or ludicrous idea; a kind of quibble or equivocation.; examples: "I do it for the pun of it"; "his constant punning irritated her"

"Pun", in English, is a humorous play on words which have similar sound but different meanings; an expression in which two different applications of a word present an odd or ludicrous idea; a kind of quibble or equivocation.; examples: "I do it for the pun of it"; "his constant punning irritated her"

OK, got it. Thought you were taken in by the Norfolk folk tale about the beast. I've seen the scratch marks on the church door in Bungay, supposedly being those of some kind of devil beast (as mentioned in your link).

OP
OP
BlackSchmuck

BlackSchmuck

I'm glad somebody understood my pun...too be fair I'm often a stupid, foolish, obnoxious, contemptible and detestable person...:okay:

Top Bottom