B**t@rd Spoke Nipple

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
If I didn't want the dammed thing to go through the hole no power on earth would prevent it.... I as it is 45 minutes of swearing and wheel waggling have failed to remove the broken spoke nipple from inside my rim.

I'm on the verge of buying a new wheel...probably need to anyway with the "quality" and of these GT Grade wheels.

How are you trying to get it out?

Have you removed the tyre and rim tape?

Graham

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
How are you trying to get it out?

Have you removed the tyre and rim tape?

Graham
No I was trying to get it out through the inner spoke hole using a mixture of prayer and stupidity...

Of course I Fecking have... I can see the little bastard looking at me through the holes and laughing....

*Actually as soon I picked the rim up after typing the above message the dammed thing fell straight out.

Two broken spokes replaced, wheel trued up; new brake pads fitted and the headset stripped, cleaned, and relubed and reassembled with no play.

@I like Skol cheers for the split pin.. Should be no more pad escape now... I bloody disks still shriek like a banshee though. Oh and the through axle QR is still looser than a tarts nicker elastic... I may have to aquire a new one.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The through-axle lever can be disassembled and rebuilt. I can't quite remember now but there is a castellated arrangement that allows for the lever to be keyed to a certain orientation so that once you have screwed the axle in to the required 'tightness' the lever will fold in line with the fork leg. Pretty sure it is all just held together with one small grub screw.

Top Bottom