Baby Names...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was named after a famous post war wrestler called Ian Campbell as he was a very good friend of my old man.
My son Daniel Rhys, Daniel, after my best mate at the time who passed away (at a far too young age) just before my son was born. & Rhys, copied from Reese from the first Terminator movie.. (honest) changed it to the Welsh spelling as most of my family from Wales.

wafflycat

WMnr has the name he has to ensure his name was absolutely nothing like any other males in families of self or MrW.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
milo said:
Well my parents came up with Milo out of Catch 22 apparently.

_40055565_milo270.jpg

longers

Legendary Member
Didn't realise it was your proper name Milo. It could have been a lot worse.

Could have been Yossarian :biggrin:

WelshYiddo

Eldest boy: his mother chose - I had no say in the matter!
Middle son: (different mother) named after one of her grandads and one of my'n, seperated with a hyphen, both spelt the Welsh way
Youngest son: First name just cos we liked it (again a traditional Welsh name), middle name after Aneurin Bevan (bit of a hero for me)

Middle and youngest are going to love us when they grow up and no one over the Severn Bridge will be able to pronounce/spell their names!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My mum wanted to call me Maud - but my aunt talked her out of it... as it is I still have a name that I was going out of fashion.

For my children I wanted names that were not going to be Tom B etc in school, so not in the top 50. They also had to be names that I didn't mind shouting out in a supermarket just before they knocked over a tower of baked beans.

The first one is welsh and I'm not sure why we choose that one, the next is an old cornish name, and the last a scottish/irish name. The older two have met a couple of people of the same name but not loads, whereas my son's name has become more fashionable and there are 3 in the school year above him.

Top Bottom