Baby Names...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Not that anyone close to me is 'expecting' but I'm interested in how people come to name their child, what choices they make and why. To those with kiddies, how to did you choose their name?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Daughter, Cortina, was named after the car she was conceived in and I can't remember we named our son Fatso.:biggrin:

MarkF

Guru
Son1:- Alexander William, after his Grandfather

Son2:- Joseph Felix, after his Grandfather and I liked the cat.

Daughter:- Tierra, heard it somewhere and liked it, had to fight for that one.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my eldest's name reflects my welsh heritage, her younger brother his mum's scottish heritage, and his little brother the fact that his elder brother was conceived in italy, but at the time we weren't brave enough to go with it…

virtual pint to anyone who can get 2/3 in one go…

Sig SilverPrinter

My daughter is Ruby have no idea why i chose the name however when my dad told my aunt [on my mums side] of her arrival and name my aunt said that when my mum was born her brothers and sisters wanted her to be named Ruby,then when I went to my mums grave the woman burried next to her was a Ruby.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Sig SilverPrinter said:
My daughter is Ruby have no idea why i chose the name however when my dad told my aunt [on my mums side] of her arrival and name my aunt said that when my mum was born her brothers and sisters wanted her to be named Ruby,then when I went to my mums grave the woman burried next to her was a Ruby.

i take it you're not a kaiser chiefs fan, a keen partaker of indian food, with the surname of murray… :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
alecstilleyedye said:
i take it you're not a kaiser chiefs fan, a keen partaker of indian food, with the surname of murray… :biggrin:

It is asking for a teenage lad at some point to say, " I fancy a ruby tonight - the hotter, the better!"

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
RICK: [fakes laughter] Ha ha ha! No, I was wondering if you'd thought of a name... [Rick points to himself] for your baby yet.
VYVYAN: Shut up or piss off!
RICK: [angered at his rejection] Oh, that's very nice... VYVYAN: No, no, those are two names I'm considering. I mean, they'll be very handy in later life, you know, for getting into fights and things. [Vyv's belly starts quivering] Oh! Oh! He's kicking!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
alecstilleyedye said:
my eldest's name reflects my welsh heritage, her younger brother his mum's scottish heritage, and his little brother the fact that his elder brother was conceived in italy, but at the time we weren't brave enough to go with it…

virtual pint to anyone who can get 2/3 in one go…
Erm, Angharad, Connor and Roman?

wafflycat

Apparently, if I had been born male instead of my delicious female self, I was going to be named the same name as a certain cross-eyed lion from an early television series. But as I was born before the television series was created, I wasn't going to be directly named after said lion.

Top Bottom