Baby Boomers, Millennials, Generation X, etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I stumbled across this chart on Wikipedia and never realised that I'm apparently from Generation X... i thought that was just an under average punk band

There's some interesting labels being applied here... especially the 'lost' and 'greatest'... why lost? why so great?

my Dad was from the so-called 'silent' generation, Mum's borderline silent/boomer.

discuss :smile:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What chart?

Talk about having greatness thrust upon you.

si_c

Guru
I'm generation X apparently but have no idea what that actually means!
Same. Mrs C is a Millennial. I take great pleasure in making disparaging remarks about her generation. It gets the same response as when I call her a Tory :laugh::evil:

It's a meaningless distinction really, I was born in 1980, but does that really make me a Gen X or would I realistically have more in common with so-called millennials.

Reactions: C R

steverob

Guru
But most newspaper columnists who make sneering generalisations about "millennials" are actually talking about people who would fall into Generation Z / Zoomies / whatever category it's called now. Millennial no longer refers to an actual generation but merely to "people younger than me* whose behaviours I* don't understand".

* - "I / Me" in this case, being the newspaper columnist / rabble rouser on social media / etc.

Top Bottom