Baby Boomers, Millennials, Generation X, etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The Boom is referring to the sudden, massive increase in birth rates after the end of WW2.
Ahhh.. Not Basil Brush, then!

Sharky

Guru
The Boom is referring to the sudden, massive increase in birth rates after the end of WW2.
And that generation (including me) has swept though the years influencing trends etc. So in the late 50's & 60's, it was the rise of the teenagers and pop culture, the yuppies in the 80's, 50 is the new 40's and into the retirement ages when pension funds start to suffer from less people working and pension ages being forced to rise. And some where in that range was the emergence of the "Mamil's"!

Also interesting, in our family from grand parents through to grand children, we have family born in each of those categories, except for the "Silent Generation".

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As a gen Xer I can see both sides.
The boomers in my family have definitely done well for themselves in the property stakes.
The houses they own are better than they would be able to afford today.
I have a smaller house with mortgage and will have to work longer for less pension. But have had a very comfortable life,
the younger generation are going to really struggle with property and general debt unless some of the money comes down for the generation above.
Which will just exacerbate the already wide gap between the haves and have nots.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Oh bugger I’m a millennial, well atleast that explains my sense of entitlement.

I heard there are shortages of avocados 🥑 at Waitrose. You’d best be quick as panic buying settles in.

Top Bottom