Baby on the way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't forget to fill THIS in if you haven't already ;)

Also check THIS thread out if you haven't do so, it might help, it might not, hopefully it will though.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Don't forget to fill THIS in if you haven't already ;)

Also check THIS thread out if you haven't do so, it might help, it might not, hopefully it will though.
I'll pass. If Jesus comes back and the dead rise up I would prefer to have everything there. Less the crash causes something but that's not the point. :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bloody hell. It's been a while since I've ridden bikes on the road, as you can probably tell. I do get to try out newer bikes as a mate of mine has a rather lovely (and long) private road around his property.

Lots of motorcyclists don't carry pillion passengers so why pay for unnecessary cover.

It's also now illegal for learners to carry pillion passengers even if the passenger has a full motor cycle license. This change happened somewhere during the change of legislation for gaining a full motor cycle license.

It's a bit one sided as learner car drivers are not restricted to the type of car that they learn to drive in nor is there a horsepower/engine size restriction for the cars driven by newly qualified drivers mind you, the stratospheric premiums asked by insurance companies act as a check on the type of cars driven by youngsters.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Lots of motorcyclists don't carry pillion passengers so why pay for unnecessary cover.

It's also now illegal for learners to carry pillion passengers even if the passenger has a full motor cycle license. This change happened somewhere during the change of legislation for gaining a full motor cycle license.

It's a bit one sided as learner car drivers are not restricted to the type of car that they learn to drive in nor is there a horsepower/engine size restriction for the cars driven by newly qualified drivers mind you, the stratospheric premiums asked by insurance companies act as a check on the type of cars driven by youngsters.
It was fine to be honest until they scrapped the automatic upgrade
The ability of motorbike riders seems to be decreasing every few years as they bring out more and more restricting legislation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom