Back break staying on, how do i fix it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RabbitFood

I have a *ew Allez 09, had this for 2 mo*ths *ow, I have had a gear service after 2 rides becas*e the fro*t derailer was*ot worki*g.

A*yway last *ight o* my ride my back break was 1/2 o* for the last few miles of my ride, a*yway i **dersta*d that the break calbes will strech at first so is this what is happe*i*g or ca* i make a small adj*setme*t to fix teh problem or will i *eed to have a break service?

Tha*ks

Rabbit

Bman

Guru
Whats wrong with your N key?

Broke* I presume :girl:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rabbit, cable stretch will make the brake "less off", not "more on".

Things to check;

1) Is the wheel true?
(Spin the affected wheel, and watch the rim/brake block - is there a consistent gap between them, or does the rim seem to wobble in and out? If the latter, get the wheel trued).

2) Can the brake move freely?
(Squeeze the lever so that the brake is on. Do the jaws spring apart agan? If not, check your cables, check whether the brake is bolted to the frame too tightly.)

3) Is the brake moving *too* freely?
(Squeeze the lever again. When you release it, does the brake caliper rotate so that one pad is against the rim? If so, the brake may be bolted to the frame too loosely - recentre the pads and tighten, but not so tightly that the brake's movement is restricted.)

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

thanks ill have a porppper look tonight and hope to sort it out before my ride sat morning

thanks for the tips and I have no idea what an N key is, is that bad???

In new

Greenbank

Über Member
RabbitFood said:
lol that was ealier when the n and u went mising from the forum was weired

I think it was related to some bad coding in order to remove the middle letters of a certain nasty 4 letter word beginning with c and ending with a t.

Bman

Guru
Greenbank said:
I think it was related to some bad coding in order to remove the middle letters of a certain nasty 4 letter word beginning with c and ending with a t.

That makes sense now. Oops!

Sorry for confusing you, Rabbitfood :cheers:

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

the cable that operates one of the break pads is fine, its the static one, should the whole break bracket be able to move, my front break dose not.

So i am assuming that I need to tighten the nut that attaches the break to frame, like i was advised earlier?

Rabbit

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

Why??????? so made some spelling mistakes so what and people wounder why we get a bad name as someone new i can see why with so many pompus people in the sport or maybe just on here.

im trying to learn and asking for help, the reason i spelt breaks wrong is because im dyslexic and most words that are simalar look the same to me because i cant tell the differecne, try going through the uk school system with everyone thinking your thick and lazy.

and no dyslexia is not just putting letters the qrong way round.

im just glad most of the people on here are helpfull

rabbit

Bman

Guru
People dont automatically assume spelling mistakes are due to dyslexia. It can get irritating reading posts with lots of spelling mistakes. After all, this forum uses text-based communication. Its easier to read when the text is correct.

At least you know how to spell brakes now :smile: And back OT : Any luck with your brakes?

OP
OP
R

RabbitFood

fair comment i was just saying that is why i dont see spelling mistakes.

and yes thanks all fixed now with an alan key and spanner so i can do my 4o miles tom

thanks all

Top Bottom