Back from Barcelona and elsewhere.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfox

Hi everyone!

I am back from my tour now now and have lurking for the last few days while I tried to get my blog on-line. Always seems to take longer and is harder work that the tour itself!

All in all a really enjoyable trip with the possible exception of the quantity of traffic lights in Barcelona (as pointed out by Dayvo) and Andorra which was plain horrible!

For those mad enough to indicate they wanted to hear all about it, you can read about the first 10 days as well as see the maps and pictures for the whole trip on this section of my web-site.

Thanks for all the positive comments before I left!

Mark

Glad you enjoyed yourself and made it back in one piece.
I'll have a look at your site soon.
All you have to do is plan your next trip! :ohmy:

Yeah, those traffic lights: there must have been dozens and dozens of them!

:ohmy:
:ohmy:
:biggrin:

:blush:

jay clock

Massive member
just read the whole thing!! Good write up so far, and am keen to see the next stage (up towards the French border) as I know that area well. I have also cycled in the La Rochelle and Bordeaux areas too - see here if you are interested www.crazyguyonabike.com/julian

Your review of GPS use is also of interest as I feel myself itching towards it! Mainly for the data if I am honest, as partic in France I rarely have navigation problems

Let us know when the last few stages are written up

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Garcons,Renard Rouge et J Horlage, (allo' allo', feeling French tonight).

I'm off to La Rochelle in a few weekend's time for a couple of day's touring round those parts where I spent a few summers as a student. Any nice roads and routes you'd recommend? In particular, we're going from La Rochelle to Rochefort - Redfox, would you recommend your route? We like quiet roads!!

OP
OP
redfox

redfox

The route from La Rochelle to Rochefort I took was entirely on quiet roads and I would recommend it.

I have trimmed that day's log from my GPS down and uploaded it to Bikely for your delectification.

(The bit that looks like its on the N137, it wasn't. The GPS didn't have the little road that runs beside it mapped, so it assumed I was using the big road.)

Keith Oates

Janner
Good to know that you are back safe and sound redfox, you ceratinly put in some milage during the trip. Look forward to reading more of your report in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
redfox

redfox

Thanks Keith.

Having trouble finding the time at the moment, but I am determined to finish the blog soon in order that it doesn't go the way of some of my other tours. :blush:

Tony

Some nice shots there. Lots of memories...the road from Roses to Collioure just keeps going up and down. It is a real sod!
When you went up to Narbonne, did you use the horrible busy road past Sigean or the canal towpath from Port la Nouvelle?

OP
OP
redfox

redfox

There's a canal tow-path? Oh well. ;)

I managed to avoid the main road for a reasonable portion of it, but your right it wasn't much fun where I couldn't.

Top Bottom