Back from Croatia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Got back from hols today, did a couple of rides up the mountain, a gravely dusty road with a lot of hills, very hot 36 degrees made us sweat a bit, thought i would post a couple of pics, we hired a couple of Cubes, the island is full of them Cubes every were, last year it was all Specialized in the hire shop but this year we had a choice, Cube Specialized or Felts, there were some lovely veiws when we got to the bar we were cycling to,
DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

RIMG0125.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd

where was this exactly. would there be enough interesting cycling routes for maybe 4/5days of it?
looking to go somewhere but i'll be on my own , so won't be lying about beaches etc :tongue:

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

where was this exactly. would there be enough interesting cycling routes for maybe 4/5days of it?
looking to go somewhere but i'll be on my own , so won't be lying about beaches etc :tongue:
This is where we were, http://www.inyourpocket.com/croatia/brac
If you love hills it's ideal, you will not get anywhere without going up, and they can be steep and long, i would have loved to tour the island on the bikes but the other half was finding it really hard.^_^

DBH

I rode this whole coast back in the day..... It was Yugoslavia then. Did it on a small budget and found the best way was to book a cheap holiday flight to Corfu (check last minute deals) then got the ferry to Dubrovnik. Rode back to Scotland from there. Take your time if you can and take ferries to the Islands. Hvar is wonderful. Beautiful scenery, very friendly and helpful people and lots of wild camping. Your photos have got me looking out that 25 year old Motobecane GT frame I've still got in the attic. Thanks for some great memories.

CYCLEBIKES

just biked a 1000km tour through croatia as well. check it out here:
BIKETRAVEL247

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

It's been a whole year since the island. This year we stayed on the mainland flew into Pula from Stanstead, was a bit unsure about the mainland but my fears were laid to rest when we got there, a short taxi ride to Medulin found the hotel no probs. first thing we did was have a couple of beers was a bit early in the morning, but we were on holiday, After the beers it was hunt down the bike hire shops, took a bit of time there are a lot of bikes out there for hire, but there was so much crap, most of them did not look like they would take us far. In the end we found the shop ended up with a nice hard tail specialized, we found the actuall bike trails were awfull, so after the first day we got our bearings and made our own way, much nicer. had a really enjoyable stay, did not want to come home.
http://app.strava.com/activities/185615243
http://app.strava.com/activities/183808974
A couple of pics from Croatia.
20140821_183854.jpg
20140822_215546.jpg
20140825_152120.jpg

Top Bottom