Back in Business - well, sort of ... :)

Shaun

Founder
The upgrade work for the server is complete, and the forums are not far behind.

There's still some more work to do which I'll continue with tonight (this morning), however it's been a long day so if I don't get it all done tonight (the changes are mainly cosmetic now), I'll finish it later in the week.

Apologies for the extended down time, it wasn't expected - however the net result is that the server and forum software are now both up-to-date and more secure.

Cheers,
Shaun :angry:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've still got to sort the icons etc. but I'm going to head home now as it's been a long day. :angry:

There will be further server upgrade work required later in the year, but as the main bulk of the work was carried out today, there will hopefully be less disruption next time.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

mistral

Guru
What a star

My productivity yesterday was at a lower level than usual as I continuously checked progress ....

Thanks for all your efforts

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Danny said:
Well done - did you do it all on your own?

I hired some help for the server software upgrade because I simply didn't have the time to learn how to do it, and it generally pays to get the experts in for the big stuff.

I did the little stuff and upgraded the forums.

I've still got some graphics and things to change around (which is why it has a slightly different "look" to it today) but may not get to them until early next week as I've got quite a bit on this weekend.

Cheers,
Shaun

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Wow, the things you do for us! We're not worthy. We should have had an extra large ice cream shipped down from Mr Moos for you!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Shhhh. Shaun's sleeping now after all his hard work. Best wait a while until we all start posting threads about little niggly bits that we don't like.. :bicycle::evil:

Seriously though, cheers for your work Shaun.

I was a bit lost without the Forum yesterday... I even had to do some work at one point!!!!! :cheers:

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks - makes me realise how dependent I am!

One thing that needs look is that when I log in I see two announcements at the top of the page, (one re server and one re kit orders). When I click on these I am told I do not have enough privileges.... (sounds like I live in a council flat and was not a member of the Bullingdon Club......)

Cheers matey!

Top Bottom